Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (9/13/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Lowers the Cost of Multi-Element Analysis. New MP-AES System Improves Sample Throughput, Simplifies Operation and Expands Application Range". Santa Clara, CA.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced a new spectrometer that will enable laboratories to run more samples and generate more revenue.
The new Agilent 4210 microwave plasma-atomic emission spectrometer runs on air rather than flammable gas - a feature unique to Agilent MP-AES systems - making it both safer and less expensive to operate. This is especially important to laboratories in the food, agriculture, petrochemical, environmental and mining industries.
The 4210 features an advanced valve system, an inert torch, a humidifier, a temperature-controlled spray chamber, a multimode sample-introduction system, and enhanced diagnostics software - all of which extend the instrument's analytical performance, sample throughput and ease of use.
In addition, new automation software enables remote elemental analysis. This flexibility opens up new possibilities for applications such as on-site process stream monitoring and environmental monitoring.
"We used the MP-AES to integrate into our automated river water monitoring technology, which formerly used colorimetric and electrochemistry analyzers," said Michael Wang, general manager of Etran Technologies. "With the MP-AES system integrated into our technology, we can quickly analyze all the elements we want with excellent repeatability, accuracy and detection limits. The low cost of operation and inherent safety of the MP-AES also makes it ideally suited to this remote river water application."
"Laboratories that have the new 4210 MP-AES will have access to the lowest cost elemental analysis possible, giving them a competitive advantage over labs that don't have it," said Philip Binns, Agilent vice president of spectroscopy products.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. The company generated revenue of $4.04 billion in fiscal 2015 and employs about 12,000 people worldwide. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Record changed: 2016-10-20
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]