Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (9/13/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Lowers the Cost of Multi-Element Analysis. New MP-AES System Improves Sample Throughput, Simplifies Operation and Expands Application Range". Santa Clara, CA.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced a new spectrometer that will enable laboratories to run more samples and generate more revenue.
The new Agilent 4210 microwave plasma-atomic emission spectrometer runs on air rather than flammable gas - a feature unique to Agilent MP-AES systems - making it both safer and less expensive to operate. This is especially important to laboratories in the food, agriculture, petrochemical, environmental and mining industries.
The 4210 features an advanced valve system, an inert torch, a humidifier, a temperature-controlled spray chamber, a multimode sample-introduction system, and enhanced diagnostics software - all of which extend the instrument's analytical performance, sample throughput and ease of use.
In addition, new automation software enables remote elemental analysis. This flexibility opens up new possibilities for applications such as on-site process stream monitoring and environmental monitoring.
"We used the MP-AES to integrate into our automated river water monitoring technology, which formerly used colorimetric and electrochemistry analyzers," said Michael Wang, general manager of Etran Technologies. "With the MP-AES system integrated into our technology, we can quickly analyze all the elements we want with excellent repeatability, accuracy and detection limits. The low cost of operation and inherent safety of the MP-AES also makes it ideally suited to this remote river water application."
"Laboratories that have the new 4210 MP-AES will have access to the lowest cost elemental analysis possible, giving them a competitive advantage over labs that don't have it," said Philip Binns, Agilent vice president of spectroscopy products.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. The company generated revenue of $4.04 billion in fiscal 2015 and employs about 12,000 people worldwide. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Record changed: 2016-10-20
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/20/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Hires Samraat »Sam« Raha to Head Strategy and Corporate Development". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Board of Directors Elects Koh Boon Hwee as New Chairman". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Cash Dividend of 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/8/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Launches New Research-grade Triple Quadrupole LC/MS System ". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/7/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Biopharma Portfolio with Advanced Mass Spec System". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/2/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Postnatal Assay for Detection of Genetic Anomalies. GenetiSure Dx Postnatal Assay Can Help Move Inquiries from Cause to Care Faster". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies CTO Darlene Solomon Elected to National Academy of Engineering". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/23/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Webcasts for Investment Community". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Receives Dow's Western Canada Science and Technical Excellence Conference Awards (WesTEC) for Technical Excellence and Innovation". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports First-Quarter 2017 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]