Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (9/28/09). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces New Complex Proteomics Standard at HUPO 8th Annual World Congress". Toronto, ON.
|Organisation||ETH Zürich (ETHZ)|
|Product||Agilent Complex Proteomics Standard|
|Product 2||6000 Series LC/MS (Agilent)|
|Person||Aebersold, Ruedi (ETH Zurich 2005c– Professor Systems Biology before Institute of Systems Biology Seattle)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced the new Agilent Complex Proteomics Standard, created to help researchers with protein biomarker discovery by validating mass-spectrometry-based workflows for protein identification. It is the most advanced standard for MS-based proteomic workflow qualification testing.
The Agilent Complex Proteomics Standard was developed in collaboration with thought leaders Dr. Ruedi Aebersold, of ETH Zurich, and Dr. John Yates III, of the Scripps Research Institute. Currently, this is the only proteomics standard able to mimic the complexity and diversity of a typical proteomic sample - useful for benchmarking different proteomic workflows and for workflow validation over time, across multiple instruments and across laboratories.
"This technology represents the first truly complex proteomics standard, which will provide proteomics researchers a control to assess, compare and quality-control their experimental methodologies," said Dr. Yates.
The Agilent Complex Proteomics Standard is applicable to a wide range of LC/MS-based applications and can be used with the Agilent 1200 series LC and 6000 series MS systems as well as MS instruments from other suppliers.
"In contrast to existing standards, the Agilent Complex Proteomics Standard can represent the complexity and diversity of real proteomic samples, such as protein mixtures derived from serum, CSF, urine or tissue," said Bill Molnar, general manager of Agilent's genomics division. "The high number of proteins from a single organism with a fully sequenced genome allows researchers to extensively qualify LC/MS workflows with regard to all aspects of sample preparation, data acquisition and analysis, including database search."
The Agilent Complex Proteomics Standard contains more than 1,500 proteins covering a wide range of protein sizes/molecular weight, pI and hydrophobicity. Genetic distance between Pyrococcus furiosus and human (or other organisms typically subjected to proteomic studies) helps avoid erroneous protein identification.
More information on the Agilent Complex Proteomics Standard is available at www.stratagene.com/proteomics.
About Agilent Technologies Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 18,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.8 billion in fiscal 2008. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 2005
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]