Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/2/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Postnatal Assay for Detection of Genetic Anomalies. GenetiSure Dx Postnatal Assay Can Help Move Inquiries from Cause to Care Faster". Santa Clara, CA.
|Region||EU (European Union)|
|Product||GenetiSure Dx Postnatal CGH Assay|
|Person||Verrelst, Herman (Agilent 201602 VP + General Manager Genomics Division before Cartagenia CEO)|
|Person 2||Wadsworth-Hansen, Victoria (Agilent 201506 Director Global Business Public Relations)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) has introduced its first comparative genomic hybridization (CGH) assay for diagnostic use: the GenetiSure Dx Postnatal Assay. This assay will enable clinical geneticists to detect genetic anomalies earlier and more accurately than traditional methods can.
Such anomalies have been associated with developmental delay, intellectual disability, autism, congenital irregularities and dysmorphic features in children and adults.
The GenetiSure Dx Postnatal Assay is the result of an extensive clinical validation and brings CGH technology into diagnostics. This assay is based on Agilent's proprietary array for comparative genomic hybridization providing data on copy number variations and absence of heterozygosity, and will carry CE Marking for in vitro diagnostics.
By helping to identify a definitive genetic diagnosis, the assay can rapidly change the focus of a medical investigation from finding the cause to administering appropriate medical care and family support.
"The GenetiSure Dx Postnatal Assay has been developed for cytogenetic laboratories, combining high-quality data with easy laboratory setup and streamlined protocols," said Herman Verrelst, Agilent vice president and general manager of the company's Genomics Solutions Division and Clinical Applications Division. "From DNA to data analysis, this assay allows for easy implementation into the clinical routine."
Verrelst noted that GenetiSure Dx is a validated solution that will help clinical labs implement important cytogenetic testing.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. The company generated revenues of $4.20 billion in fiscal 2016 and employs about 12,500 people worldwide. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Record changed: 2017-03-07
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/20/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Hires Samraat »Sam« Raha to Head Strategy and Corporate Development". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Board of Directors Elects Koh Boon Hwee as New Chairman". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Cash Dividend of 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/8/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Launches New Research-grade Triple Quadrupole LC/MS System ". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/7/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Biopharma Portfolio with Advanced Mass Spec System". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies CTO Darlene Solomon Elected to National Academy of Engineering". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/23/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Webcasts for Investment Community". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Receives Dow's Western Canada Science and Technical Excellence Conference Awards (WesTEC) for Technical Excellence and Innovation". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports First-Quarter 2017 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Dako’s CE Marked PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx Companion Diagnostics". Carpinteria, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]