Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (6/2/08). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Triple Quadrupole that Breaks through Femtogram-level Detection Barrier". Denver, CO.
|Product||6460 triple quadrupole LC/MS system (Agilent)|
|Product 2||1200 Series HPLC-Chip System (Agilent)|
|Person||Salem, Gustavo (Gus) (IDEX 201605 Group President of IDEX Health & Science before Siscapa + Agilent + Assay Designs)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE :A) today introduced an enhanced version of its 1200 Series analytical HPLC system and the model 6460 triple quadrupole liquid chromatograph/mass spectrometer (LC/MS/MS). This is a breakthrough system that lowers detection limits six-fold relative to previous instruments to allow sub-femtogram detection levels for many compounds. Ideal applications include analysis of trace-level environmental or food contaminants, pharmaceutical compounds, metabolites and protein biomarkers.
A primary contributor to the dramatic sensitivity gains of the 6460 is new, proprietary Agilent Jet Stream thermal gradient focusing technology. This breakthrough ionization technology enhances nebulization and desolvation, and reduces ion dispersion at LC flow rates up to 2.5 mL/min., delivering many more ions to the mass spectrometer. The result is stronger signals with lower RSDs at the limit of detection. Agilent Jet Stream technology provides exceptional sensitivity for conventional flow separations to complement the superior HPLC-Chip sensitivity for nanoflow separations.
Additional innovations to achieve this performance include:
o a resistively coated sampling capillary that enhances ion transmission and enables rapid ion-polarity switching with minimal ion loss;
o an advanced hexapole collision cell design that eliminates crosstalk, enabling the high sensitivity needed for accurate quantification at low levels; and
o a high-capacity vacuum system with a second turbomolecular pump that increases conductance throughout the mass analyzer. (This feature is also available as an upgrade to Agilent's economical 6410 triple quadrupole LC/MS system, doubling its overall sensitivity.)
"In just two years, the 6400 triple quad LC/MS product line has demonstrated huge performance gains," said Gustavo Salem, Agilent vice president and general manager, LC/MS. "Dramatic sensitivity gains, faster polarity switching, faster and more MRMs in a method, using either time segments or scheduling, and HPLC improvements are a few examples. The 6460 demonstrates Agilent's commitment to becoming a leader in the triple quad LC/MS market."
MassHunter Workstation Now Includes Automated Method Development
New MassHunter Optimizer software adds to the impressive functionality of the MassHunter operating system software. It will automatically tune any 6400 Series triple quad to achieve maximum analytical performance. Compounds can be introduced by infusion, direct injection or column chromatography. The system will automatically determine transitions and optimize instrument settings to achieve maximum sensitivity.
Near-Zero Carryover from 1200 Series HPLC Improves LC/MS Analysis
Users of Agilent 6400 Series systems benefit from the near-zero carryover of the new High Performance Autosampler SL Plus, which are perfectly matched to take advantage of the fast separations of Agilent 1200 Series LC systems, including Rapid Resolution LC. This robust, reliable platform and advanced automation allows 24/7 unattended operation. New, patented Poroshell column technology delivers sub two-micron performance at lower pressure than other platforms for excellent results while extending equipment and column life.
The Agilent 1200 RRLC is the most versatile LC system available, combining leading-edge resolution and productivity with standard HPLC capability. Together with Poroshell 120 columns, or with ZorbaxRR-HT column technology, these systems deliver high-end performance and still they can be used for conventional LC methods.
For more information, please visit www.agilent.com/chem/qqq.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2007. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]