Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/19/12). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Small High-vacuum Pump with Unique Floating-suspension Technology". Santa Clara, CA.
New System Provides Dramatically Increased Reliability, Light Gas Compression Ratios and Energy Efficiency for Multiple Applications
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced a high-performance turbomolecular vacuum pump, the TwisTorr 304 FS, which is the first in a new series of high-vacuum pumps featuring Agilent's novel floating-suspension technology.
This technology can be used in a variety of applications and markets, including academic and government research, and the analytical, industrial and nanotech/semiconductor industries. Running at 60,000 rpm, it pumps up to 250 liters per second for N2. It also provides dramatic improvements in reliability and increases light gas compression ratios 100-fold.
"The new TwisTorr 304 FS is the smallest, most reliable and energy-efficient high-vacuum pump available today," said Giampaolo Levi, vice president and general manager of Agilent's Vacuum Products Division. "Work is already under way to incorporate this new technology and its benefits into Agilent's next-generation GC/MS systems, and we will continue our active collaboration with customers to identify their expanding needs and develop new advances in turbo pump design."
TwisTorr drag stages guarantee high pumping speed and compression ratios for hydrogen and helium. The pump also provides unparalleled throughput and high foreline tolerance, as well as low power-consumption and operating temperature.
Coupled with the same unmatched performance as the company's existing line of patented TwisTorr solutions, the new system's breakthrough floating-suspension technology ensures low vibration and acoustical noise, optimal working conditions for the bearings, extended operating life, and exceptional stability for demanding applications and instruments such as scanning electron microscopes. The product also features a compact rotor design that reduces power consumption and system footprint. Its unique bearing and dry lubricated suspension system is maintenance-free, eliminates oil and risk of contamination, and permits installation in any orientation.
The new TwisTorr 304 FS will be available in January. Agilent plans to supply the new floating-suspension vacuum pump in a variety of pumping speeds.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company's 20,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had revenues of $6.9 billion in fiscal 2012. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 7093
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/7/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Biopharma Portfolio with Advanced Mass Spec System". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/2/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Postnatal Assay for Detection of Genetic Anomalies. GenetiSure Dx Postnatal Assay Can Help Move Inquiries from Cause to Care Faster". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies CTO Darlene Solomon Elected to National Academy of Engineering". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/23/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Webcasts for Investment Community". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Receives Dow's Western Canada Science and Technical Excellence Conference Awards (WesTEC) for Technical Excellence and Innovation". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports First-Quarter 2017 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Dako’s CE Marked PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx Companion Diagnostics". Carpinteria, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/18/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Collaboration on Reproductive Genetics". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEO Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Water-quality Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]