Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/19/12). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Small High-vacuum Pump with Unique Floating-suspension Technology". Santa Clara, CA.
New System Provides Dramatically Increased Reliability, Light Gas Compression Ratios and Energy Efficiency for Multiple Applications
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced a high-performance turbomolecular vacuum pump, the TwisTorr 304 FS, which is the first in a new series of high-vacuum pumps featuring Agilent's novel floating-suspension technology.
This technology can be used in a variety of applications and markets, including academic and government research, and the analytical, industrial and nanotech/semiconductor industries. Running at 60,000 rpm, it pumps up to 250 liters per second for N2. It also provides dramatic improvements in reliability and increases light gas compression ratios 100-fold.
"The new TwisTorr 304 FS is the smallest, most reliable and energy-efficient high-vacuum pump available today," said Giampaolo Levi, vice president and general manager of Agilent's Vacuum Products Division. "Work is already under way to incorporate this new technology and its benefits into Agilent's next-generation GC/MS systems, and we will continue our active collaboration with customers to identify their expanding needs and develop new advances in turbo pump design."
TwisTorr drag stages guarantee high pumping speed and compression ratios for hydrogen and helium. The pump also provides unparalleled throughput and high foreline tolerance, as well as low power-consumption and operating temperature.
Coupled with the same unmatched performance as the company's existing line of patented TwisTorr solutions, the new system's breakthrough floating-suspension technology ensures low vibration and acoustical noise, optimal working conditions for the bearings, extended operating life, and exceptional stability for demanding applications and instruments such as scanning electron microscopes. The product also features a compact rotor design that reduces power consumption and system footprint. Its unique bearing and dry lubricated suspension system is maintenance-free, eliminates oil and risk of contamination, and permits installation in any orientation.
The new TwisTorr 304 FS will be available in January. Agilent plans to supply the new floating-suspension vacuum pump in a variety of pumping speeds.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company's 20,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had revenues of $6.9 billion in fiscal 2012. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 7093
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]