Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (6/2/08). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Triple Quadrupole GS/MS, Updated Triple LC/MS at American Society for Mass Spectrometry". Denver, CO.
|Product||7000A triple quadrupole GC/MS/MS (Agilent)|
|Product 2||6460 triple quadrupole LC/MS system (Agilent)|
|Person||Toney, Chris (RAE Systems 201204– COO before Agilent VP + General Manager GC/MS)|
New Metabolite Library, Q-TOF and Software Improvements on Display
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced a triple quadrupole gas chromatograph/mass spectrometer (GC/MS) and an updated triple quadrupole liquid chromatograph/mass spectrometer (LC/MS) at the American Society for Mass Spectrometry meeting.
Agilent emphasized that these mass spectrometers are "smashing sensitivity barriers." The 7000A triple quadrupole GC/MS is designed to make femtogram-level sensitivity and high-speed MRM accessible to a wide range of commercial and government users. The 6460 triple quadrupole LC/MS is a breakthrough system that lowers detection limits fivefold compared to previous instruments, breaking through the femtogram level for many compounds.
"The new 7000A brings the proven ruggedness of our best-selling Agilent 5975C single quadrupole GC/MS to a triple quadrupole system, suited for lower levels of detection and dirtier matrices," said Chris Toney, Agilent vice president and general manager, GC/MS and ICP-MS. "Users no longer have to make do with research instruments adapted for their needs. We designed the 7000A from the ground up for routine, high-performance, high-throughput operation."
Like the 5975C single quadrupole GC/MS, the reliability of the 7000A triple quadrupole GC/MS is anchored by Agilent's proprietary, well-proven heated monolithic gold-plated hyperbolic quartz quadrupole analyzer. Time-consuming cleaning of quadrupoles is not required, and Agilent GC/MS systems hold highly stable tunes and methods for long intervals. This stability also makes the Autotune function perform extremely well.
The 6460 triple quadrupole LC/MS delivers best-in-class sensitivity in a wide range of applications, thanks to proprietary Agilent Jet Stream thermal gradient focusing technology.
"In just two years, the 6400 triple quad LC/MS product line has demonstrated huge performance gains," said Gustavo Salem, Agilent vice president and general manager, LC/MS Division. "Dramatic sensitivity gains, faster polarity switching, faster and more MRMs in a method, using either time segments or scheduling, and HPLC improvements are a few examples. The 6460 demonstrates Agilent's commitment to becoming a leader in the triple quad LC/MS market."
The new 6460's breakthrough design enhances nebulization and desolvation and reduces ion dispersion at conventional LC flow rates, delivering many more ions to the mass spectrometer. The result is stronger signals with lower RSDs at the limit of detection. The Agilent Jet Stream provides high sensitivity for conventional flow separations to complement the exceptional sensitivity of the HPLC-Chip/MS for nanoflow methods. Ideal applications include trace level environmental or food contaminants, pharmaceutical compounds, metabolites and protein biomarkers.
New Workflow Innovations Launched at ASMS
o Metabolite Library: The Agilent Fiehn Metabolomics Retention Time Locked Library for GC/MS is the first commercially available mass spectral library for the identification of metabolites found in metabolomic studies. Agilent developed it in conjunction with Oliver Fiehn, Ph.D., a preeminent metabolomics scientist.
o Q-TOF: The Agilent 6530 Accurate-Mass Quadrupole Time-of-Flight (Q-TOF) LC/MS system delivers unmatched sensitivity and uses Agilent Jet Stream technology. It features true high-definition TOF technology (True Hi-Def TOF) which provides superior mass accuracy, mass resolution, dynamic range, sensitivity and speed for proteomics, metabolomics, impurity profiling, environmental screening, and other demanding applications.
o Mass Hunter Optimizer Software: New MassHunter Optimizer software adds to the impressive functionality of the MassHunter operating system software. It will automatically tune any 6400 Series triple quad to achieve maximum analytical performance. Compounds can be introduced by infusion, direct injection or column chromatography. The system will automatically determine transitions and optimize instrument settings to achieve maximum sensitivity.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2007. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]