Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (5/19/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Two Factory-configured Analyzers to Detect Trace Levels of Broad Range of Targeted Pesticides". Santa Clara, CA.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced two Triple Quadrupole GC/MS Pesticide Analyzers, that are complete, factory-configured, highly sensitive and chemically tested systems. They can quickly identify a broad range of commonly analyzed pesticide residues.
"Searching for dozens of pesticides in a wide range of fruit and vegetable samples is a complex task," said Chris Toney, Agilent vice president and general manager, GC and Mass Spec Division. "These analyzers demonstrate how we're simplifying food testing by providing everything needed to run sophisticated analyses in a single, easy-to-use package. This approach helps our customers boost productivity in their laboratory."
The Agilent Triple Quadrupole GC/MS Pesticide Analyzers are based on the Agilent 7000 Series triple quadrupole gas chromatograph/mass spectrometer (GC/MS/MS). The 7000 Series is the world's first triple quadrupole MS designed specifically for GC analysis, providing the levels of sensitivity and selectivity needed to measure trace levels in complex matrices.
Multiple Reaction Monitoring (MRM) allows for drastic reduction or elimination of matrix interferences that restrict the accuracy or detection limits of other techniques. The pesticide analyzers come with an MRM database containing a broad range of commonly tested pesticides.
Version one of the analyzer is designed for maximum flexibility, permitting users to add GC detectors. The system is easily scaled to shorten run times. The analyzer includes a method based on Agilent's Retention Time Locked (RTL) GC/MS/MS MRM database containing spectra for more than 500 pesticides.
Version two delivers higher performance and shorter cycle times while consuming less carrier gas. The analysis is based on the USA Targeted Pesticide List GC/MS/MS MRM database of more than 200 pesticides.
Included with each analyzer is a full set of pesticide checkout samples, a promotional QuEChERS (Quick, Easy, Cheap, Effective, Rugged, and Safe) sample preparation kit, and Retention Time Locked HP-5MS Ultra Inert column for reliable database matching. Agilent also provides a quick-start guide and application note that shows users how to run the analyzer's screening method, and a CD-ROM with examples of screening methods, data files and reports.
The analyzers are configured with Agilent's proprietary Capillary Flow Technology, enabling rugged, reliable GC column backflush, which can shorten run times, extend column life, reduce chemical background noise, provide consistent retention times and spectra, and keep the MS ionization source clean.
About Agilent in Food Testing
Agilent has a long history of developing analytical tools and methods used by government, food industry and private labs around the globe to test food for wholesomeness. Agilent tools are used to detect and measure food content and quality as well as food safety related to additives, contaminants and residues. This includes incoming inspection of raw materials, new food product development, quality control and packaging.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 16,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]