Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/3/08). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Boosts Performance of Its Triple Quadruple Mass Spectrometer Sells 500th Unit". New Orleans.
|Product||6410 triple quadrupole LC/MS system (Agilent)|
|Person||Salem, Gustavo (Gus) (IDEX 201605 Group President of IDEX Health & Science before Siscapa + Agilent + Assay Designs)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced the introduction of the Agilent 6410B triple quadrupole (QQQ) mass spectrometer (MS) and the sale of the 500th Agilent 6410 QQQ in less than two years since the platform was introduced.
The new B version of the popular Agilent 6410 features polarity switching scans every 500 msec, allowing complex mixtures of compounds with strong fragmentation in positive and negative ion mode to be analyzed in a single run. The Agilent 6410B doubles the number of Multiple Reaction Monitoring (MRM) scans that can be performed in a given time segment and also increases the maximum number of MRMs per method to more than 10,000. Users can create more efficient methods to analyze more compounds in a shorter timeframe.
Agilent also introduced new automated method optimization software for the 6410B. This new program selects the best ion transitions for a panel of analytes introduced by infusion, direct injection or chromatographic injection, and optimizes collision energies and other instrument settings to maximize overall method sensitivity and robustness.
Agilent Sells 500th QQQ
Agilent also announced today that it has recently sold the landmark 500th 6410 QQQ in less than two years since the product line was launched.
"Naturally, we're very pleased that this instrument, and our mass spec line in general, is enjoying brisk uptake in both the life science and analytical chemistry segments," said Gustavo Salem, Agilent vice president and general manager, LC/MS.
The purchasers of the 500th (and 501st) Agilent 6410 QQQ are professors Hugo Neels, Ph.D., and Adrian Covaci, Ph.D., Department of Toxicology, University of Antwerp, Belgium. One of the instruments will be used to develop clinical applications, both biochemical and toxicological, for Stuivenberg Hospital in Antwerp and additional community hospitals. The other instrument will serve to develop environmental applications related to endocrine disruptors.
"We have (Agilent predecessor HP) GCs that are still working every day, 10 hours per day for the last 24 years with few problems, so we know that Agilent produces very reliable instruments and techniques with a good price quality ratio," Dr. Neels said in describing why he selected the Agilent 6410 QQQ. "Also, Agilent provided a very convincing demonstration of two difficult chromatographies for HBCDs and for drugs in river water."
"We also like the way Agilent works with us to develop new applications," Dr. Neels continued. "We're working on a number of difficult biochemical, forensic and environmental applications, and this collaborative approach is very helpful."
For more information on Agilent LC/MS systems, please visit www.chem.agilent.com.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenue of $5.4 billion in fiscal year 2007. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]