Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/1/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces New Single Quadrupole LC/MS Delivering Higher Throughput and Unmatched Performance". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Product||6150B Series single quadrupole LC/MS system|
|Product 2||LC/MS (liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
|Person||Duncan, Wayne (Agilent 201003 Marketing Manager Single Quadrupole LC/MS)|
|Person 2||Matlow, Stuart (Stu) (Thermo Fisher 201206 Public Relations Manager Chromatography + Mass Spectrometry before Agilent)|
Agilent Technologies Inc., (NYSE: A) today introduced the Agilent 6150B Series single quadrupole liquid chromatograph/mass spectrometer (LC/MS), a new generation of this workhorse instrument. The 6150B Series has substantially higher sample throughput and delivers unmatched performance in the single quad LC/MS category.
"Many users, such as drug discovery labs, are moving to faster chromatography," said Wayne Duncan, Agilent single quadrupole LC/MS marketing manager. "This means that their mass specs must keep pace with very sharp, narrow chromatographic peaks lasting less than one second. The Agilent 6150B Series LC/MS is well-matched to the latest fast chromatography systems, enabling labs to run many more samples per day in a very robust way, without any loss of data quality."
To match the speed of fast chromatography, including ultra high-performance liquid chromatography (UHPLC) such as the Agilent 1290 Infinity platform, the Agilent 6150B Series can scan at 10,000 amu per second, while maintaining exceptional data quality. This is important to confirm identification of the correct compound in the complex reaction mixtures such as those found in drug discovery synthesis.
New Inlet Increases Sensitivity
The Agilent 6150B Series is the first Agilent single quadrupole LC/MS equipped with Agilent Jet Stream Technology, a unique sample inlet design that uses super-heated sheath gas to focus the ion stream entering the mass spec. The benefit is enhanced sensitivity from a stronger signal with lower relative standard deviation at the limit of detection.
Agilent Jet Stream Technology has demonstrated the ability to provide efficient ionization for a broader range of compounds than electrospray ionization or atmospheric pressure chemical ionization alone. This can also increase sample throughput by minimizing the need to rerun samples in multiple ionization modes to look for differences.
An Agilent Single Quad LC/MS for Any Lab
The Agilent 6150B Series joins two other single quad LC/MS models in the Agilent lineup: the 6120B, which is the easiest-to-use instrument for applications such as confirming identities of impurities in a QA/QC lab; and the 6130B, which is ideal for quantitative analysis of compounds over a broad range of molecular weight.
Each Agilent 6100B Series model can be upgraded to higher levels of performance as needs change, protecting the lab's investment.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 16,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]