Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (6/6/11). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Dried Blood-spotting Sample-prep Card that Outperforms Cellulose-based Cards". Denver, CO.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||ASMS (American Society for Mass Spectrometry)|
|Product||sample preparation (technology)|
|Product 2||dried blood spot analysis (mass spectrometry)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced the Bond Elut DMS (Dried Matrix Spotting) sample-preparation card for dried blood-spotting bioanalysis. The proprietary design delivers a number of advantages over conventional cellulose-based cards.
Dried blood-spotting analysis is an emerging technique in biological research. It allows researchers to substantially reduce costs and time-consuming steps compared to liquid sample-prep procedures, while maintaining analytical accuracy.
Main applications include drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics studies.
The non-cellulose Bond Elut DMS is not impregnated with reagents. This reduces non-specific binding of analytes, increasing mass-spectrometry response and improving the signal-to-noise ratio. The new Agilent product is compatible with standard punching tools and automation, and requires five times less punching force compared to cellulose-based cards. This results in faster workflow, less technician fatigue and smoother automation.
Bond Elut DMS also delivers consistent spot shape, size and reproducibility, regardless of ratio of red blood cells to blood sample volume.
Agilent collaborated with five global pharmaceutical and contract research organizations to develop Bond Elut DMS for the pharmaceutical bioanalysis market.
"No other company offers a more complete suite of sample-preparation techniques for bioanalysis than Agilent," said Paul Boguszewski, Agilent product manager, Sample Preparation Products. "We provide solid phase extraction, protein precipitation/filtration, supported liquid extraction and dried blood-spotting consumables. They're perfect complements to our well-known families of LC columns and systems, and broad portfolio of high-sensitivity mass spectrometry instrumentation."
More information is available at www.agilent.com/chem/DMS.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2010. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
For images related to this press release, please visit the ImageLibrary (Image #183)
+1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]