Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (7/30/12). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Launches New X-ray Diffractometer for Structural Biology Applications". Santa Clara, CA.
|Product||GV1000 X-ray diffractometer|
|Product 2||X-ray crystallography|
|Person||Endicott, Eric (Illumina 201310– Director Global Public Relations before Agilent 201204 Global PR Manager)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today launched the GV1000 X-ray Diffractometer at the annual meeting of the American Crystallography Association in Boston. This revolutionary new instrument will be used for collection of high-quality diffraction data from crystalline samples of biological macromolecules.
Incorporating innovative gradient vacuum technology, the GV1000 features an extremely compact and high brilliance X-ray source, designed to be both reliable and simple to service. Combined with Agilent's precision four-circle goniometer and high-performance CCD detectors, the GV1000 is the ideal solution for the challenging requirements of modern macromolecular crystallography laboratories.
Macromolecular crystallography is the scientific discipline that provides detailed information about the atomic structure of protein and nucleic acid molecules, the key components of every living organism. It also plays an important role in the discovery of new medicines in the pharmaceutical industry.
"With the GV1000 we are expanding our product portfolio into top-end protein crystallography," said Dr. Leigh Rees, Agilent's general manager for X-ray diffraction. "The GV1000 gradient vacuum system offers many significant benefits over competing rotating anodes and will prove to be at the very top end of in-house systems available to protein users and the crystallographic community as a whole."
The GV1000 is the highest performing single-wavelength system in Agilent's expanding X-ray crystallography portfolio. The GV1000 benefits from Agilent's expertise in providing innovative solutions for all single-crystal X-ray diffraction applications. The company has 20-plus years of experience designing and manufacturing all the major components used in X-ray crystallography.
For more information, visit www.agilent.com/lifesciences/GV1000.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company's 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $6.6 billion in fiscal 2011. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
For images related to this press release,
please visit the ImageLibrary (Image #214)
+1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]