Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/6/12). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Adds Sub-2 µm Protein Analysis Biocolumns with C3 and Diphenyl Phases for Broader Selectivity and Better Peak Shape". Santa Clara, CA.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced it has expanded its family of sub-2 µm particle 300 Angstrom pore columns for reversed-phase liquid chromatography with rapid-resolution, high-definition ZORBAX 300SB-C3 and 300-Diphenyl 1.8 µm columns.
The columns extend the benefits of reversed-phase biomolecule separations to ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography (UHPLC). The C3 phase broadens the selectivity and improves peak shape and recovery options for larger proteins, including antibodies. The diphenyl phase offers additional selectivity through pi-pi interactions with aromatic amino acids in the primary structure.
"Agilent now offers the broadest range of sub-2 µm, wide-pore biocolumns for reversed-phase liquid chromatography," said Agilent product manager Linda Lloyd. "The new 1.8 µm columns add to the scalability of the ZORBAX family of C18, C8 and C3 phases already available with 3.5 and 5 µm particles. We're pleased to bring this higher order characterization and increased speed to UHPLC users."
The 1.8 µm particle size and 300 Angstrom pore size bring UHPLC efficiency, resolution and robust quantitation to reversed-phase protein separations. Additionally, the columns are stable up to 1200 bar. Agilent's proven StableBond technology for the C18, C8 and C3 columns, and the end-capped diphenyl with Pursuit chemistry, deliver symmetrical peaks - even at low pH - when using trifluoroacetic or formic acid mobile phase modifiers. Column life is not compromised.
The full ZORBAX rapid-resolution, high-definition family now includes 13 phases for small molecule applications, including HILIC, and four phases for large molecule separations. This broad range of options enables chromatographers to optimize their UHPLC separations with selectivity refinements. In addition, RRHD's 1200 bar stability provides increased flexibility with flow rates and mobile phase selection.
For more information, visit www.agilent.com/chem/biohplcproteins .
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,700 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $6.6 billion in fiscal 2011. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
NOTE TO EDITORS: Further technology, corporate citizenship and executive news is available at www.agilent.com/go/news.
Assistant Account Executive
dna medical communications
Fox Court, 14 Grays Inn Road
London, WC1X 8WS
T:+44 (0)20 7067 0489
F:+44 (0)844 826 8317
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]