Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (10/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Launches SureGuide CRISPR Libraries for Functional Genomics". Santa Clara, CA.
SureGuide Offerings Include GeCKO Libraries and Full Customization for Any CRISPR Screening Experiment
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today launched a comprehensive offering of pooled CRISPR libraries for functional genomics. SureGuide harnesses Agilent's industry-leading oligonucleotide synthesis platform to create CRISPR guide libraries, which are a critical component of the CRISPR/Cas genome editing system. The flexibility of Agilent's SureGuide platform enables CRISPR-based functional screening for any application, from genome-wide knock-outs (GeCKO) to fully customized, user-designed libraries.
The introduction of genome engineering tools, based on CRISPR, has rapidly accelerated research related to functional studies of complex diseases and drug discovery. Genetic screens using pooled libraries are typically performed to locate and identify genes that are involved in cellular response, such as in signaling pathways, or to discover the function of novel genes. The introduction of CRISPR-based tools has provided an opportunity to overcome the limitations of previous technologies used in functional screening.
As a key component in any CRISPR experiment, guide library quality and composition can affect all of the downstream segments of the workflow including screening effort, sequencing cost and false positive/negative identification. SureGuide offers high-fidelity CRISPR guides alongside SureVector cloning technology, which enable an optimal distribution of guides to be maintained across even the most complex libraries.
SureGuide CRISPR libraries are available in three formats:
Ready-to-package plasmid libraries consist of GeCKO libraries; target all exons in the human or mouse genome; and have been validated by researchers studying functional gene interactions on an -omics scale.
Ready-to-clone custom libraries enable user-defined custom CRISPR targets in mammalian cells. These custom libraries can be prepared for delivery with Agilent's SureVector library cloning kits, which makes plasmid library generation a simple and rapid process.
Ready-to-amplify custom libraries enable researchers to design every aspect of their CRISPR library, allowing the use of alternative delivery systems, cloning approaches, and the development of CRISPR libraries targeting any set of genomic regions in any organism.
"Agilent SureGuide CRISPR Libraries are built on Agilent's well known, high-fidelity oligo synthesis platform," said Herman Verrelst, Agilent vice president and general manager, Genomics Solutions Division and Clinical Applications Division. "Our unique technology allows us to provide researchers with fully customizable guide libraries at the same exceptional quality as our GeCKO offerings."
Verrelst noted that Agilent offers an extensive range of instrumentation and reagents that can help laboratories get the best possible results from their CRISPR screens.
"The new libraries represent the first of several planned products in a CRISPR-focused portfolio, supporting every aspect of the CRISPR screening workflow all the way through analysis and hit validation," he said.
Agilent will host a workshop today at ASHG 2016 in Vancouver titled: A CRISPR Guide to Superior Custom sgRNA Libraries, where the SureGuide technology and workflow will be highlighted. In addition, customers will speak about their novel research applications using SureGuide CRISPR Libraries.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. The company generated revenues of $4.04 billion in fiscal 2015 and employs about 12,000 people worldwide. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Agilent Technologies, Inc.
+1 408 553 2005
+45 2933 6980
Record changed: 2016-11-05
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/20/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Hires Samraat »Sam« Raha to Head Strategy and Corporate Development". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Board of Directors Elects Koh Boon Hwee as New Chairman". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Cash Dividend of 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/8/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Launches New Research-grade Triple Quadrupole LC/MS System ". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/7/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Biopharma Portfolio with Advanced Mass Spec System". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/2/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Postnatal Assay for Detection of Genetic Anomalies. GenetiSure Dx Postnatal Assay Can Help Move Inquiries from Cause to Care Faster". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies CTO Darlene Solomon Elected to National Academy of Engineering". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/23/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Webcasts for Investment Community". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Receives Dow's Western Canada Science and Technical Excellence Conference Awards (WesTEC) for Technical Excellence and Innovation". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports First-Quarter 2017 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]