Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/9/12). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Launch of the World’s First Triple Quadrupole ICP-MS". Santa Clara, CA.
|Product||8800 triple quadrupole ICP-MS (ICP-QQQ) (Agilent)|
|Product 2||7700 Series Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometer (ICP-MS) (Agilent)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced the launch of the Agilent 8800 triple quadrupole ICP-MS (ICP-QQQ), the first and only instrument of its kind. The new ICP-QQQ system offers improved performance compared to single quadrupole ICP-MS, and provides MS/MS operation for controlled and consistent interference removal in reaction mode. ICP-QQQ also addresses high-end application requirements, with flexible analysis capabilities unavailable on single quadrupole machines.
The unique QQQ configuration of the Agilent 8800 controls the ions that enter the collision/reaction cell, so the reaction conditions remain consistent and predictable even if the sample composition changes. The new instrument provides turnkey operation in a range of novel reaction modes, delivering effective and consistent interference removal for problematic elements in difficult samples. The Agilent 8800 can also be set up to operate like a single-quad ICP-MS, offering the security of replicating existing and familiar methodologies.
"Agilent's 8800 ICP-QQQ retains the ease of use of a standard ICP-MS and provides better detection limits for phosphorus-containing and sulfur-containing compounds measured using LC-ICP-MS," said Dr. Jorge Ruiz Encinar, department of physical and analytical chemistry, University of Oviedo, Spain.
The 8800 ICP-QQQ analyzes problematic elements in samples across a range of applications, including:
> Ultra-trace analysis of elements that suffer interferences in high-purity samples (Ge and As in HCl; V and Ti in H2SO4, and more).
> Reliable low-level measurement of selenium and arsenic in soil, rock and plant materials, where both polyatomic and doubly charged interferences may occur.
> Quantitative analysis of sulfur and phosphorus in DNA and protein/peptides for life-science applications.
"The Agilent 8800 ICP-QQQ is a revolutionary new ICP-MS instrument, offering maximum flexibility for high-end research and for solving difficult analytical problems," said Philip Binns, Agilent vice president for spectroscopy products. "The 8800 joins Agilent's remarkable 7700 Series ICP-MS, which remains the benchmark for high-performance single-quadrupole ICP-MS. With the 8800, 7700 and recently introduced 4100 MP-AES as part of our portfolio, Agilent's technology leadership in atomic spectroscopy is stronger than ever."
To learn more about the 8800 triple quadrupole ICP-MS (ICP-QQQ), visit www.agilent.com/chem/icpqqq.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,700 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $6.6 billion in fiscal 2011. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
For images related to this press release,
please visit the ImageLibrary (Image #200)
+1 408 553 2005
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]