Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (8/2/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Signs Agreement with Government of Malaysia to Cooperate in Biotechnology. New Research Lab Positions Country as Global Halal Testing Leader in Pharmaceuticals, Nutraceuticals". Pe
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Malaysia through the Malaysian Institute of Pharmaceuticals and Nutraceuticals (IPHARM), an agency under the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), to promote and develop cooperation in biotechnology.
Under the terms of the MoU, the strategic alliance will focus on the establishment of the IPHARM-Agilent Global Reference Research Lab and the development of human capital in the emerging field of biotechnology. The lab will develop global Halal* testing standards in pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals. It also will provide access to state-of-the-art analytical tools and expertise to develop the local industry and small and medium enterprise (SME) ecosystem in their commercialization efforts.
IPHARM brings its domain expertise in bioactive compounds research and analysis to the partnership while leveraging Malaysia's inherited strength in biodiversity and its aspiration to be a global Halal testing leader in pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals.
As a leading provider of bioanalytical instruments and the world's premier company in electronic measurement, Agilent will provide specialized technical expertise to set up the lab and leading-edge analytical and application solutions to jointly develop the global Halal testing standards with IPHARM. Agilent also will transfer its deep base of biotechnology knowledge to Malaysia to build and develop indigenous capabilities through an ecosystem of local knowledge partners.
"Agilent shares a common desire with the Government of Malaysia to realize the national agenda for biotechnology," said Gooi Soon Chai, president of Agilent Technologies Malaysia and Singapore. "Our partnership presents an enormous potential to accelerate the development of this field as the next engine of growth for the country."
"Through collaboration with Agilent, the Global Reference Research Lab will help intensify IPHARM's research activities in pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals," said Dato' Dr. Sharifah Zarah Syed Ahmad, Deputy Secretary General of the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation. "This is where the local SMEs will also be able to grow their capabilities and compete on a global stage."
"As a leading provider of bioanalytical instruments and solutions, we are delighted to partner with IPHARM to enable the development of biotechnology infrastructure, intellectual property and human capital in Malaysia," said Nick Roelofs, president of Agilent's Life Sciences Group.
About Agilent Technologies in Malaysia
Agilent Technologies, formerly a part of Hewlett-Packard, began operations in Penang, Malaysia, in 1972. Today, Agilent occupies a 42-acre manufacturing site in Bayan Lepas, with a workforce of about 3,000 employees. Equipped with world-class facilities, the site's core competencies include business unit management, research and development, supply chain management and manufacturing. Agilent's sales offices in Penang and Petaling Jaya serve customers with a broad range of products and solutions.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
* Halal describes goods or actions that are permissible and wholesome according to Islamic laws. It is often associated with safe, clean and nutritious food, but in fact, the concept of Halal applies to personal care and cosmetic products, pharmaceuticals, as well as finance and other services. Halal certification bodies in many countries are either developed by the states or backed by their non-governmental organizations. Halal certification provides assurance to all Muslim consumers. To the non-Muslims, Halal products are quality products, simply due to the concept of halalan thoyyiban (Halal and wholesome). Source -- Halal Industry Development Corporation, www.hdcglobal.com.
+604 680 7465
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]