Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/27/09). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies, Markes Form Global Thermal Desorption GC, GC/MS Collaboration". Santa Clara, CA.
|Organisation||Markes International Ltd.|
|Product||thermal desorption (TD) instrument|
|Product 2||gas chromatography system (GC system)|
|Person||Kane, Shanya (Agilent 200803 VP + General Manager Gas Chromatography)|
|Person 2||Woolfenden, Elizabeth (Liz) (Markes 200902 Director)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) and Markes International Ltd. today announced a strategic alliance for global distribution and market development of analytical thermal desorption (TD) instruments used with gas chromatography (GC) and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) systems.
Analytical TD is used to capture and detect trace levels of volatile and semi-volatile organic chemicals in a wide variety of samples. Applications include chemical warfare agents, environmental pollutants, emissions from materials, food analysis, flavors and fragrances.
Under the agreement, Markes TD systems and accessories are available globally as original equipment manufacturer items through the Agilent sales force and supported by the Agilent service organization. Additionally, the two companies have agreed to collaborative development and promotion of TD-GC and TD-GC/MS applications.
"We've worked with Markes for about seven years in select regions, and are pleased to extend this relationship to serve our customers worldwide," said Shanya Kane, Agilent vice president and general manager, Gas Chromatography Systems and Workflow Automation.
"Markes International has a reputation as the world leader in thermal desorption technology and its products are renowned for their high quality and performance," said Elizabeth Woolfenden, director of Markes International. "This provides a perfect complement to Agilent as the leading supplier of GC/MS instrumentation globally. The combination of Markes' TD with Agilent's GC/MS systems ensures that customers will get the very best in quality instrumentation and support from a single source."
Markes is a pioneer in TD instrumentation. Its Series 2 UNITY, ULTRA, Air Server and CIA8 products allow manual or automated analysis of samples in standard sorbent tubes, real-time air samples and samples in canisters.
Growing Interest in Analytical Thermal Desorption
Analytical thermal desorption (TD) was first introduced as an accessory for GC and GC/MS in the early 1980s to provide an alternative to solvent extraction for the measurement of (semi-) volatile organic compounds ((S)VOC) in air. Today, TD-GC/MS is recognized as the standard technique of choice for environmental and workplace air monitoring, air monitoring for counterterrorism purposes, and odor/emissions profiling.
Agilent has a long history of innovation in GC and GC/MS, and a reputation for building rugged instruments. Agilent's predecessor, Hewlett Packard, entered the GC market in 1958, and the company has been a leader in GC and GC/MS continuously since then. Firsts include microprocessor control in 1973 and the first benchtop GC/MS system in 1975. In 1996, the HP Model 5973 introduced the gold-plated hyperbolic quartz quadrupole mass filter, a breakthrough in instrument stability and performance. Agilent spun off from Hewlett Packard in 1999, and the GC and GC/MS innovation continued in both hardware and software through the present.
About Markes International Limited
Markes provides an innovative range of instrumentation, accessories and consumables for enhancing trace GC/MS analysis. Products include: thermal desorption (TD) instruments, headspace-TD technology and a broad portfolio of sampling accessories covering air sampling, materials emissions testing, breath sampling, soil gas analysis and direct desorption of volatiles from materials. Further information is available from the company on its Web site www.markes.com, by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44 (0) 1443 230935.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.8 billion in fiscal 2008. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]