Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (10/29/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Global Manufacturing Facility for Life Sciences Instruments. Singapore Facility Will Manufacture Mass Spectrometry Instruments to Meet Strong Worldwide Demand". Singapore.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced the opening of its new life sciences instruments manufacturing facility in Singapore. The facility will produce the company's Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS) instruments for the global market.
"The opening of the LC/MS manufacturing facility marks a milestone in Agilent's continued investment in Singapore, which began in 1970," said Bill Sullivan, Agilent president and CEO. "Singapore is the ideal location for this facility as it will provide us with greater access to the life sciences instrument market in Asia. The new facility also will bring us closer to our customers, as the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries have become an important part of Singapore's overall economy and investment strategy."
Agilent's LC/MS instruments are widely used by pharmaceutical companies, from basic research through manufacturing and quality control. The instruments also serve customers in biotechnology, bioagriculture, food safety, chemical, petrochemical, forensics, homeland security, environmental, academic and government markets.
"I am pleased that Singapore will be an integral part of Agilent's global manufacturing network," said Mr. S Iswaran, Senior Minister of State for Trade & Industry and Education. "Life sciences companies can further tap Singapore as a base in Asia to drive business expansion and innovation for the region."
"This expansion marks a major achievement and positions Agilent to better meet rising worldwide customer demand for LC/MS instruments," said Nick Roelofs, president of Agilent's Life Sciences Group. "The new facility reflects the company's commitment to Singapore, its partners, and other stakeholders in the Asia Pacific region, as well as to the growing life sciences market worldwide."
In June 2009, the company announced the Agilent Automation Solutions facility, also in Singapore. The facility manufactures high-precision laboratory automation instruments.
"The new Agilent LC/MS manufacturing facility will attract top talent and enable the development of skilled engineers and chemists in Singapore as these are sophisticated high-end scientific instruments," said Soon-Chai Gooi, president of Agilent Technologies, Singapore and Malaysia. "The facility builds on Agilent Singapore's 40 years of innovation, experience and relationships with our partners and customers."
The Agilent LC/MS facility is located within the Agilent Life Sciences Group Order Fulfillment Center, located at its Yishun, Singapore, site. The center will be responsible for efficient management of the supply-chain network -- including planning, procurement, value-added engineering and logistics. The center ensures that the LC/MS facility is able to efficiently and effectively deliver configurable solutions to customers worldwide while maintaining Agilent's hallmark of quality.
Agilent will produce the Agilent 6100 series Single-Quadrupole LC/MS, 6200 series Accurate-Mass Time-of-Flight LC/MS, 6400 series Triple Quadrupole LC/MS, and the 6500 series Accurate-Mass Quadrupole Time-of-Flight LC/MS at the new facility. These instruments are in addition to the liquid-handling and laboratory robotic instruments produced by the Agilent Automation Solutions facility established in 2009.
More information about Agilent's life science products and services is available at www.chem.agilent.com.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Theresa Khoo, Asia
+65 6215 8524
+1 408 553 2005
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]