Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (10/30/12). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Spain’s Centre for Omic Sciences to Collaborate on Integrated Systems Biology Research, Establish Centre of Excellence". Tarragona & Santa Clara, CA.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., (NYSE: A) and Spain's Centre for Omic Sciences announced that they will collaborate on mass spectrometry and NMR-based metabolomics, and automation applied to research in integrated systems biology.
The Centre for Omic Sciences, or COS, was established by the Rovira i Virgili University, in collaboration with the Technological Centre of Nutrition and Health. COS opened in September and is equipped with the latest instrumentation from Agilent, including the 6550 iFunnel Quadrupole Time-of-Flight LC/MS, 7200 Quadrupole Time-of-Flight GC/MS, 6490 iFunnel Triple Quadrupole LC/MS, Bravo automated liquid handling systems, and the SureScan DNA microarray scanner, software, consumables and services.
"Agilent is an ideal partner because many of their workflow solutions are an excellent fit for our approach to integrating data from different omics techniques," said Oscar Yanes, principal investigator at the COS. "The ability to generate data using mostly Agilent instrumentation will facilitate the interpretation and integration of results from the different techniques."
The COS will also serve as a center of excellence where Agilent will demonstrate integrated biology workflows to customers in such disciplines as genomics, proteomics, transcriptomics, lipidomics and metabolomics in search of biological breakthroughs.
"This is a very strategic association between two organizations with similar goals," said Gustavo Salem, Agilent vice president and general manager, Biological Systems Division. "Both are committed to driving advances in medicine by developing better ways to integrate data from multiple biological disciplines. We share this vision."
The COS will perform its collaborative research programs and services with the Technological Centre of Nutrition and Health and with private companies and research groups that take a special interest in the fields of diabetes and metabolic diseases, nutrition and health, and other biomedical research areas.
About the Rovira i Virgili University
The Rovira i Virgili University is a publicly funded university serving the Camp de Tarragona and Terres de l'Ebre regions. Founded in 1991, it has become a benchmark university in Catalonia and Europe, thanks to the quality of its teaching and the excellence of its research, development and innovation. It currently offers 42 undergraduate degrees and 49 master's degrees, and it has 15,000 students. As a result of putting teaching, research and knowledge transfer in line with the productive sector, it has launched the Campus of International Excellence Southern Catalonia, a strategic union of different organizations and structures involved in generating knowledge and competitiveness, in order to become an international benchmark in the areas of chemistry and energy, nutrition and health, tourism, wine, heritage and culture.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company's 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $6.6 billion in fiscal 2011. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 2005
Centre for Omic Sciences
+34 977 558 243
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/7/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Biopharma Portfolio with Advanced Mass Spec System". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/2/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Postnatal Assay for Detection of Genetic Anomalies. GenetiSure Dx Postnatal Assay Can Help Move Inquiries from Cause to Care Faster". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies CTO Darlene Solomon Elected to National Academy of Engineering". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/23/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Webcasts for Investment Community". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Receives Dow's Western Canada Science and Technical Excellence Conference Awards (WesTEC) for Technical Excellence and Innovation". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports First-Quarter 2017 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Dako’s CE Marked PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx Companion Diagnostics". Carpinteria, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/18/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Collaboration on Reproductive Genetics". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEO Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Water-quality Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]