Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/11/11). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Secures Patent for Porous Shell LC Particle Manufacturing". Santa Clara, CA.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product||Poroshell 120 HPLC column|
|Product 2||1200 Infinity Series LC system (Agilent)|
|Person||Stimson, Helen (Agilent Life Sciences and Chemical Analysis 200601)|
|Person 2||Matlow, Stuart (Stu) (Thermo Fisher 201206 Public Relations Manager Chromatography + Mass Spectrometry before Agilent)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced that it was awarded a U.S. patent for the process used to apply the superficially porous shell to particles in Agilent Poroshell 120 high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) columns.
[ http://www.chem.agilent.com/en-US/Products/columns-supplies/lc-lc-mscolumns/poroshell/pages/default.aspx ]
The patent was issued for the unique coacervation process used to manufacture the Poroshell 120 silica. The process applies the superficially porous shell to the particles in a single step, replacing a multi-layering procedure. This reduces variation between columns for more reproducible results.
Poroshell 120 columns make the high speed and high resolution of sub-two-micron separations available to users of any mainstream LC instrument, including conventional HPLC. The columns also enhance the performance of UHPLC systems, up to 600 bar, enabling chromatographers to optimize the performance of Agilent's new 1200 Infinity Series, which offers 600-bar capabilities as a standard feature.
"This simpler process delivers real benefits to our customers because it reduces variability in the chromatography workflow," said Helen Stimson, Agilent vice president, Global Consumables for Life Sciences and Chemical Analysis, "and that is always a good thing."
Agilent introduced superficially porous shell particle technology to the LC community in 2001with the Poroshell 300 HPLC column for biomolecule separations, and has reinvented the technology using coacervation as a key differentiator between Poroshell 120 columns and competitive offerings. This is the latest in a long history of LC column innovations, which include unique bonding on Eclipse Plus columns and unique packing of ZORBAX Rapid Resolution High Definition columns enabling stability at pressures as high as 1200 bar.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2010. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
For images related to this press release, please visit the ImageLibrary (Image #164)
+1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]