Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (10/26/12). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies’ and Premier Biosoft’s Platforms Work Together to Advance Lipidomics Research. Complementary Tools Eliminate Bottlenecks in Data Processing and Analysis". Santa Clara, CA & Palo
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) and PREMIER Biosoft today announced that they will each support the combined use of their respective technologies to help clinical researchers advance lipidomics research. By integrating complementary technologies, researchers can seamlessly generate and process data, then map complex lipidomic networks to learn more about lipid metabolism associated with disease.
The power of Agilent's industry-leading time-of-flight and quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometers and Pathway Architect software combined with Premier Biosoft's SimLipid 3.3 identification and quantification software enables researchers to overcome many of the obstacles inherent in lipid identification and analysis. This will give them a distinct advantage in their efforts to map the lipid pathways associated with metabolic disease.
"Just as challenging as mapping and sequencing the human genome is identifying and sequencing the thousands of lipid species involved in human metabolism," said Dr. Daniel B. Kassel, Agilent's senior director of LC/MS global marketing. "By utilizing this combined network of technologies, researchers can be confident in the analytical strength they have come to expect from Agilent and from the advanced lipid identification capabilities provided in PREMIER Biosoft's SimLipid software."
"By connecting these complementary technologies, researchers can maximize the analytical capabilities of Agilent's high-end MS instrumentation and software with our high-throughput MS and MS/MS data analysis tools," said Arun Apte, chief executive officer at PREMIER Biosoft. "Our SimLipid software supports data from Agilent's well-known MassHunter, Mass Profiler Professional and Pathway Architect software programs, creating an integrated workflow for the accurate and efficient identification and contextualization of lipids on metabolic pathways."
Information on SimLipid 3.3 is available at www.premierbiosoft.com/lipid/index.html.
Information on Agilent's Mass Profiler Professional Software is available at www.chem.agilent.com/en-US/products-services/Software-Informatics/Mass-Profiler-Professional-Software/Pages/default.aspx
About PREMIER Biosoft
PREMIER Biosoft (www.premierbiosoft.com) was founded in 1994. The company is led by computer scientists, statisticians and biologists dedicated to producing cutting-edge intuitive software for research in life sciences. The company's goal is to study the most recent innovations in life sciences and translate them into software products to aid research. Follow PREMIER Biosoft on Twitter @PREMIERBiosoft and on Facebook.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company's 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $6.6 billion in fiscal 2011. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
EDITORIAL CONTACTS: PRCA12064
Susan Berg, Agilent
+1 408 553 7093
Shonali Paul, PREMIER Biosoft
+1 650 856 2703
NOTE TO EDITORS: Further technology, corporate citizenship and executive news is available at www.agilent.com/go/news.
Assistant Account Executive
dna medical communications
Tel: +44 (0)20 7067 0489
Fax: +44 (0)20 7067 0076
2 Waterhouse Square, 140 Holborn, London, EC1N 2AE
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]