Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) and PureHoney Technologies today announced a co-marketing agreement to develop new applications on the Agilent RapidFire 365 High-throughput Mass Spectrometry System.
Agilent acquired the RapidFire technology when it purchased BIOCIUS Life Sciences in 2011. PureHoney Technologies is a contract research organization founded in 2014 by the original developers of RapidFire MS instrumentation.
Agilent and PureHoney will work together to develop new applications for the Agilent RapidFire/MS System, and will independently create new workflows for pharma and biopharma research, as well as forensic toxicology and metabolomics analysis.
"Our partnership with PureHoney Technologies will enable both companies to synergistically enhance application offerings, providing scientists with a greater range of capabilities to enhance the depth and speed of pharmaceutical research," said Monty Benefiel, Agilent vice president and general manager of the company's Mass Spectrometry Division.
"Originally developed as a tool for label-free high-throughput screening over a decade ago, RapidFire/MS is now routinely used in applications ranging from ADME-Tox, proteomics, metabolomics, clinical research to in vivo functional assays," said Can Özbal, PureHoney Technologies president and CEO. "We are thrilled to be partnering with Agilent to develop the next generation of applications on this versatile platform."
The Agilent RapidFire/MS system includes drug-screening technology that provides results 10 to 100 times faster than conventional screening methods. With more than 50 peer-reviewed journal articles, RapidFire/MS is widely accepted as the benchmark platform in high-throughput mass spectrometry. This ultra-high-throughput analysis dramatically increases productivity, providing faster results.
About PureHoney Technologies
PureHoney Technologies helps pharmaceutical and biotech discovery teams accelerate drug discovery research. PureHoney offers a wide range of mass spectrometry-based analytical services specializing in functional and biochemical assays and high-throughput screening on RapidFire and conventional LC-MS platforms. Services include analytical mass spectrometry, enzymology and target characterization, custom assay development, hit identification, fragment-based screening, hit validation, structure-activity relationship screening, in vitro ADME sample screening and analytical biochemistry assays.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. The company generated revenues of $4.04 billion in fiscal 2015 and employs about 12,000 people worldwide. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+45 2933 6980
Record changed: 2016-12-23
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Cancer Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]