Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today released Cartagenia Bench Lab 5.0, a major new version of its lab software with new capabilities for somatic variant classification and reporting.
Cartagenia Bench Lab is designed to help laboratories involved in clinical genetics and molecular pathology efficiently interpret and report on genomic variants. The clinical-grade software platform — registered as an exempt Class I Medical Device in the U.S. — has become the platform of choice for high-throughput diagnostic labs to help them validate and automate their variant assessment and reporting pipelines.
The software enables clinical geneticists and molecular pathologists to combine single nucleotide polymorphisms; small insertions and deletions (INDELs); and copy number variations into one seamless analysis. Variant curation tools allow them to review variants, collaboratively build evidence and securely share it with their peers and data-sharing communities.
With a range of new features for somatic variant classification, review and curation, the release of Cartagenia Bench Lab 5.0 represents a significant leap forward for molecular pathology labs in the ability to process their data. Bench in general provides direct access to more than 100 curated and publicly available databases with information on actionable variants, trials, drugs and therapy options such as CIViC, COSMIC, N-of-One, OncoMD and CollabRx.
The software's variant curation tools enable labs to build an internal knowledge base of predictive, prognostic, diagnostic and functional evidence of previously curated variants. By accessing tumor type-ontology and variant information from the curated and public databases, labs can efficiently implement their variant assessment standard operating procedure to more effectively filter variants and access knowledge based on the tumor's tissue type.
"We have always worked closely with our customers to identify their needs and translate those into new software releases," said Herman Verrelst, Agilent vice president and general manager of the company's Genomics Solutions Division and Clinical Applications Division. "Translating genomic data into actionable information is challenging. Today's launch demonstrates our commitment to providing leading-edge solutions for clinical diagnostics. The 5.0 release offers molecular pathology labs access to clinical-grade analysis tools and knowledge — one of the key pain points for the implementation of next-generation sequencing in routine oncology testing — to help them efficiently interpret sequencing data of tumor samples and provide actionable information by accessing publicly and curated databases containing peer reviewed evidence on diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic variants."
"Since we implemented our routine diagnostic pipeline on Agilent's bench platform, we've appreciated the close collaboration with the team and how they translate our needs into new software versions," said Petra Nederlof, the head of Molecular Diagnostics at the Netherlands Cancer Institute in Amsterdam.
"We are truly excited by our partnership with Agilent as it extends our reach into the global molecular pathology community," said Dr. Malachi Griffith from the McDonnell Genome Institute at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri. "With the incorporation of the CIViC knowledge base in Agilent's bench platform, all users will now have direct access to the predictive, prognostic and diagnostic evidence curated by CIViC domain experts."
Agilent will be showcasing Cartagenia Bench Lab 5.0 and other solutions at the NGS in Molecular Pathology Symposium, Nov. 30 through Dec. 2, at the Netherlands Cancer Institute.
"We're excited about co-organizing this event with Agilent," said Nederlof, the head of Molecular Diagnostics at the Netherlands Cancer Institute. "We have a strong agenda of international experts who will share expertise from their clinical diagnostic practices."
The symposium will include tracks on clinical variant assessment and lab reporting, automation, somatic variant classification, NGS panel composition and data-sharing initiatives.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. The company generated revenues of $4.04 billion in fiscal 2015 and employs about 12,000 people worldwide. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Record changed: 2016-12-09
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  InSphero AG. (3/27/17). "Press Release: InSphero 3D Liver Microtissues Featured at Annual SOT Meeting as More Sensitive Model for DILI and Mechanistic Toxicity Testing". Schlieren....
-  Reisch, Marc S. [C&EN]. (3/27/17). "News: Exploding Pumps Trigger Sciex Mass Spectrometer Alert. Global Safety Notice Recommends Shutdown of Workhorse Analytical Chemistry Tools"....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/21/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Enhances Exome Sequencing for Clinical Research". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/20/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Hires Samraat »Sam« Raha to Head Strategy and Corporate Development". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Board of Directors Elects Koh Boon Hwee as New Chairman". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Cash Dividend of 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/8/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Launches New Research-grade Triple Quadrupole LC/MS System ". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/7/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Biopharma Portfolio with Advanced Mass Spec System". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/2/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Postnatal Assay for Detection of Genetic Anomalies. GenetiSure Dx Postnatal Assay Can Help Move Inquiries from Cause to Care Faster". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies CTO Darlene Solomon Elected to National Academy of Engineering". Santa Clara, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]