Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/20/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Hires Samraat »Sam« Raha to Head Strategy and Corporate Development". Santa Clara, CA.
|Organisation||Illumina Inc. (Nasdaq: ILMN)|
|Product 2||diagnostics (medical/biological)|
|Person||McMullen, Mike (Agilent 201409– COO + designated CEO for 3/15 before SVP + President Chemical Analysis Group)|
Former Agilent Commercial VP Brings Deep Industry and Marketing Experience to New Role
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced that Samraat "Sam" Raha has been named senior vice president of strategy and corporate development, reporting to Agilent President and CEO Mike McMullen.
Raha will serve as strategic lead and advisor to the CEO and executive team in developing Agilent's overall growth strategy, including leading its mergers and acquisitions plans globally.
"Sam shares our vision of the marketplace and knows what it takes to drive new growth," McMullen said. "He joins us with an impressive portfolio of relevant experience in general and operational management, marketing and strategy that builds on a foundation of life sciences knowledge. He will be an excellent addition to our executive team."
Raha joins Agilent from Illumina Inc. where he most recently served as vice president of global marketing. He was responsible for product management, clinical and corporate marketing, marketing operations and strategy. He also led the successful go-to-market strategy and launch of many impactful products, including multiple sequencing systems and consumables.
Prior to his years at Illumina, Raha was vice president and general manager of the genomic assays business unit at Life Technologies, responsible for the TaqMan™ franchise and next-generation qPCR instruments and solutions.
Before that Raha was CEO of Joby Inc., a startup that has since become a leading seller of camera accessories.
"I am delighted to be returning to Agilent, where I spent several years in my early career," Raha said. "Agilent clearly has fantastic growth potential. The opportunity to lead its overall growth strategy and build new partnerships to further its success in high-growth markets is truly exciting, and I am eager to begin leading these efforts."
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. The company generated revenues of $4.20 billion in fiscal 2016 and employs about 12,500 people worldwide. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 345 8948
Record changed: 2017-04-04
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  InSphero AG. (3/27/17). "Press Release: InSphero 3D Liver Microtissues Featured at Annual SOT Meeting as More Sensitive Model for DILI and Mechanistic Toxicity Testing". Schlieren....
-  Reisch, Marc S. [C&EN]. (3/27/17). "News: Exploding Pumps Trigger Sciex Mass Spectrometer Alert. Global Safety Notice Recommends Shutdown of Workhorse Analytical Chemistry Tools"....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/21/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Enhances Exome Sequencing for Clinical Research". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Board of Directors Elects Koh Boon Hwee as New Chairman". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Cash Dividend of 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/8/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Launches New Research-grade Triple Quadrupole LC/MS System ". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/7/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Biopharma Portfolio with Advanced Mass Spec System". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/2/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Postnatal Assay for Detection of Genetic Anomalies. GenetiSure Dx Postnatal Assay Can Help Move Inquiries from Cause to Care Faster". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies CTO Darlene Solomon Elected to National Academy of Engineering". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/23/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Webcasts for Investment Community". Santa Clara, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]