Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/13/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Supports Princeton Professors’ Work Producing Comprehensive Integrated Biology Database". Santa Clara, CA & Princeton, NJ.
The Agilent Technologies Foundation today announced that David Botstein and his colleagues, Joshua Rabinowitz, Benjamin Garcia and Leonid Kruglyak, received an Agilent Thought Leader Award in support of their work in systems biology.
Dr. Botstein is professor and director of the Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics and the Center for Quantitative Biology at Princeton University. The three-year award of Agilent Technologies Foundation funding will support Dr. Botstein's research. Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) will make a a company donation of a microfluidic liquid chromatography-on-a-chip system, a 1290 Infinity UHPLC system, a 6500 Series quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry system and software. The awards from the foundation and the company are valued at more than $800,000.
The funded work at the Center for Quantitative Biology will produce the most complete genomic, proteomic and metabolomic data sets from any eukaryote (organism with cells containing membrane-enclosed structures including nucleus) to date. The awards also will go toward the development of data integration, analysis and visualization solutions.
"The Agilent awards will enable us to provide a complete biochemical characterization of a eukaryotic cell," said Botstein. "The mass spectrometry expertise of Agilent in both proteomics and metabolomics is an invaluable complement to our ongoing efforts in these areas," Rabinowitz said.
"Dr. Botstein and his Center for Quantitative Biology colleagues Drs. Rabinowitz, Garcia and Kruglyak are leaders in the generation of high-quality omic-scale datasets in genomics, metabolomics and proteomics, as well as in data integration and analysis," said Gustavo Salem, vice president and general manager, Agilent Biological Systems Division. "We're very pleased to support this exciting work, focusing on the creation of datasets around energy metabolism in eukaryotics cells. This project will produce reference tools that will be used for many years to come."
Agilent's Thought Leader Program promotes fundamental advances in the life sciences by contributing financial support, products and/or expertise to the research of influential thought leaders.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2010. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Stuart Matlow, Agilent
+1 408 553 7191
Liz Patten, Princeton
+1 609 258 5727
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]