Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (6/7/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Instruments Selected by South African Doping Control Laboratory for 2010 World Cup". Santa Clara, CA.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced it has been selected by the South African Doping Control Laboratory as the primary provider of gas-phase testing instruments for the 2010 World Cup. The South African Doping Control Laboratory is certified by the World Anti-Doping Agency and will be responsible for all doping testing during the competition.
The South African Doping Control Laboratory is equipped with state-of-the-art Agilent gas chromatography (GC) and mass spectrometry (MS) instruments to confirm the chemical identity of suspected banned substances found in testing samples. Agilent is providing five GC/MSD systems and an Agilent 7000 Series Triple Quadrupole GC/MS system. Agilent technicians will provide technical support throughout the event.
"The use of the 7000 Series Triple Quadrupole GC/MS system from Agilent has raised the standard of doping testing to a higher level," said Dr. Pieter J. van der Merwe, Director, South African Doping Control Laboratory. "This instrument is significantly increasing the sensitivity and specificity of detection."
"Agilent is proud of our leadership role in anti-doping testing instruments, which dates back to the 1970s," said Mike McMullen, president of Agilent's Chemical Analysis Group. "We are honored that the South African Doping Control Laboratory selected Agilent to help ensure a level playing field and fair competition at the 2010 World Cup."
Agilent is the leading provider of GC/MS instrumentation and a leader in the complementary area of liquid chromatography with MS (LC/MS). A gas or liquid chromatographic system is used to separate and detect the components in complex samples such as biological fluids. The high sensitivity and specificity of the mass spectrometer is especially valuable for doping analysis since there is no room for error in the analyses. As each compound is detected, the mass spectrometer captures a unique chemical "fingerprint" which can be compared to a reference database to provide unambiguous confirmation of the compound.
For more than 35 years, Agilent has developed a strong reputation in analytical instruments and methods for drug testing in sports. In 1972, Agilent supplied analytical instrumentation to the lab serving the first Olympic Games in which testing was required. Since then, Agilent technology has played a role with drug-testing labs serving each of the Olympic Games as well as major sporting events such as the World Cup and the Tour de France.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 16,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 623 2777
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]