Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/18/12). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies’ Thought Leader Award Supports Dr. Robert Gerszten’s Work in Metabolomic Research at Massachusetts General Hospital". Santa Clara, CA.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH)|
|Group||Partners HealthCare System (Group)|
|Product 2||analytical instrument|
|Index term||Partners HealthCare–Agilent: grant, 201212– Agilent Thought Leader Award incl grant of funding + technologies to Dr Robert Gerszten at MGH|
|Person||Gerszten, Robert (Partners HealthCare 201212 Director at MGH Institute for Heart, Vascular + Stroke Care)|
|Person 2||Solomon, Darlene (Agilent 201011 CTO)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced that Dr. Robert Gerszten, a recognized leader in cardiovascular research and biomarker discovery, has received an Agilent Thought Leader Award.
Dr. Gerszten is the director of clinical and translational research at Massachusetts General Hospital's Institute for Heart, Vascular and Stroke Care. The award will provide his laboratory with funding for personnel. Agilent will also provide technical and scientific expertise in metabolomics, automation and integrated biology in support of Dr. Gerszten's metabolite profiling study of well-phenotyped human populations, including his work with the Framingham Heart Study.
"Our goal is to identify new metabolites and proteins that mark disease activity, signal disease progression, and ultimately provide targets for therapeutic intervention," said Dr. Gerszten. "We are grateful that Agilent supports our research and is helping us in our quest to advance translational cardiology."
"Agilent is proud to support Dr. Gerszten's research in this pivotal project and further advance progress in the important field of cardiometabolic diseases," said Agilent CTO Darlene Solomon, the executive sponsor of the award. "By providing support and cutting-edge technologies to leading translational researchers like Dr. Gerszten, we aim to facilitate innovative research and to progress the fields of metabolomics and integrated biology toward improved patient outcomes."
The Agilent Thought Leader Award program promotes fundamental advances by contributing philanthropic financial support, products and expertise to the research of thought leaders in the life sciences and chemical analysis. Information about previous recipients is available at www.agilent.com/univ_relation/TLP/index.shtml.
Massachusetts General Hospital, founded in 1811, is the original and largest teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company's 20,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had revenues of $6.9 billion in fiscal 2012. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 2005
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]