Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (9/24/14). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Thought Leader Award Supports Cancer Stem Cell Research at Mount Sinai. Dr. Cordon-Cardo Recognized for Groundbreaking Discoveries". Santa Clara, CA.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced that Carlos Cordon-Cardo, M.D., Ph.D., of the Mount Sinai Health System, has received an Agilent Thought Leader Award in recognition of his groundbreaking work in molecular and translational pathology. Dr. Cordon-Cardo is the Irene Heinz Given and John LaPorte Given Professor and chair of Pathology at Mount Sinai.
The Agilent award will support ongoing cancer research conducted by Dr. Cordon-Cardo and his team. They are using a combination of genomic and proteomic technologies from Agilent to characterize tumor-initiating cells with stem-cell-like properties derived from solid tumors taken from subjects with various types of cancer. The goal of studying this sub-population of cancer cells is to better understand their ability to resist drug treatments and metastasize.
"Our goal is to bring in the outstanding measurement tools from Agilent to develop new diagnostic and predictive biomarkers," said Dr. Cordon-Cardo. "This, in turn, will provide each patient a better chance of cure by defining their disease and optimizing treatment while offering a superior quality of life. This collaboration offers a unique opportunity to translate data into knowledge that maximizes personalized patient management, treatment efficacy and clinical outcomes."
"We are very pleased to support Dr. Cordon-Cardo's pioneering work in cancer stem cell research at one of the largest departments of pathology in the United States," said Jacob Thaysen, vice president and general manager of Agilent's Diagnostics and Genomics group. "Molecular characterization of these cells, using Agilent technologies and solutions, could result in the development of new cancer diagnostics."
The Agilent Thought Leader Award promotes fundamental scientific advances by contributing financial support, products and expertise to the research of influential thought leaders in the life sciences, diagnostics and chemical analysis. Information about previous award recipients is available at Agilent's Thought Leader Award program website.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company's 20,600 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had revenues of $6.8 billion in fiscal 2013. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
On Sept. 19, 2013, Agilent announced plans to separate into two publicly traded companies through a tax-free spinoff of its electronic measurement business. The new company is named Keysight Technologies, Inc. The separation is expected to be completed in early November 2014.
This news release contains forward-looking statements as defined in the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and is subject to the safe harbors created therein. The forward-looking statements contained herein include, but are not limited to, information regarding the separation of Agilent's electronic measurement business; future revenues, earnings and profitability; the future demand for the company's products and services; and customer expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause Agilent's results to differ materially from management's current expectations. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, unforeseen changes in the strength of our customers' businesses; unforeseen changes in the demand for current and new products, technologies, and services; customer purchasing decisions and timing, and the risk that we are not able to realize the savings expected from integration and restructuring activities.
In addition, other risks that Agilent faces include those detailed in Agilent's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our latest Form 10-K and Form 10-Q. Forward-looking statements are based on the beliefs and assumptions of Agilent's management and on currently available information. Agilent undertakes no responsibility to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement.
# # #
+1 408 553 7093
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/7/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Biopharma Portfolio with Advanced Mass Spec System". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/2/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Postnatal Assay for Detection of Genetic Anomalies. GenetiSure Dx Postnatal Assay Can Help Move Inquiries from Cause to Care Faster". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies CTO Darlene Solomon Elected to National Academy of Engineering". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/23/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Webcasts for Investment Community". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Receives Dow's Western Canada Science and Technical Excellence Conference Awards (WesTEC) for Technical Excellence and Innovation". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports First-Quarter 2017 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Dako’s CE Marked PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx Companion Diagnostics". Carpinteria, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/18/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Collaboration on Reproductive Genetics". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEO Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Water-quality Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]