Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Cancer Researcher". Santa Clara, CA.
Biologist Scott Lowe Recognized for Contributions to Next-Generation Tools
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced that Dr. Scott Lowe has received an Agilent Thought Leader Award in recognition for his contributions to the identification of key genes — including those that promote or suppress cancer — and their characterization as therapeutic targets using novel genetic screens and animal models.
Dr. Lowe chairs the Cancer Biology & Genetics Program at the Sloan Kettering Institute as well as the Geoffrey Beene Cancer Research Center at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and is widely recognized for his work in cancer biology.
The award will support Dr. Lowe's work on the development and implementation of next generation CRISPR-based genetic screens to systematically identify and characterize novel targets for cancer therapeutics. Notably, Agilent will support the work in Dr. Lowe's laboratory by providing unique capabilities for the generation of CRISPR libraries, including their massively parallel oligonucleotide synthesis technologies and other molecular biology tools and reagents.
"We anticipate the work by Dr. Lowe will not only generate new CRISPR-based technologies and resources for identifying therapeutic targets, but will also serve as an example for others to create equivalent tools for other diseases," said Herman Verrelst, Agilent vice president & general manager, Genomics Solutions Division and Clinical Applications Division, and the executive sponsor of this award. "We are pleased to support Dr. Lowe's research as it promises to have many applications in identification and validation of cancer drug targets and in creating effective pharmaceuticals."
"I am honored and pleased to receive the Thought Leader Award from Agilent," said Dr. Lowe. "This award represents a unique partnership that will enable us to rapidly develop and implement genome engineering technologies to identify strategies for treating cancers that are currently resistant to conventional therapies."
The Agilent Thought Leader Award promotes fundamental scientific advances by contributing financial support, products and expertise to the research of influential thought leaders in the life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets. Information about previous award recipients is available at Agilent's Thought Leader website.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. The company generated revenues of $4.04 billion in fiscal 2015 and employs about 12,000 people worldwide. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
For images related to this press release,
please visit the ImageLibrary (Images 2016-16)
Dr. Scott Lowe - Agilent Thought Leader 2016
Record changed: 2016-11-04
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/7/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Biopharma Portfolio with Advanced Mass Spec System". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/2/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Postnatal Assay for Detection of Genetic Anomalies. GenetiSure Dx Postnatal Assay Can Help Move Inquiries from Cause to Care Faster". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies CTO Darlene Solomon Elected to National Academy of Engineering". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/23/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Webcasts for Investment Community". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Receives Dow's Western Canada Science and Technical Excellence Conference Awards (WesTEC) for Technical Excellence and Innovation". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports First-Quarter 2017 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Dako’s CE Marked PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx Companion Diagnostics". Carpinteria, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/18/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Collaboration on Reproductive Genetics". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEO Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Water-quality Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]