Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Cancer Researcher". Santa Clara, CA.
Biologist Scott Lowe Recognized for Contributions to Next-Generation Tools
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced that Dr. Scott Lowe has received an Agilent Thought Leader Award in recognition for his contributions to the identification of key genes — including those that promote or suppress cancer — and their characterization as therapeutic targets using novel genetic screens and animal models.
Dr. Lowe chairs the Cancer Biology & Genetics Program at the Sloan Kettering Institute as well as the Geoffrey Beene Cancer Research Center at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and is widely recognized for his work in cancer biology.
The award will support Dr. Lowe's work on the development and implementation of next generation CRISPR-based genetic screens to systematically identify and characterize novel targets for cancer therapeutics. Notably, Agilent will support the work in Dr. Lowe's laboratory by providing unique capabilities for the generation of CRISPR libraries, including their massively parallel oligonucleotide synthesis technologies and other molecular biology tools and reagents.
"We anticipate the work by Dr. Lowe will not only generate new CRISPR-based technologies and resources for identifying therapeutic targets, but will also serve as an example for others to create equivalent tools for other diseases," said Herman Verrelst, Agilent vice president & general manager, Genomics Solutions Division and Clinical Applications Division, and the executive sponsor of this award. "We are pleased to support Dr. Lowe's research as it promises to have many applications in identification and validation of cancer drug targets and in creating effective pharmaceuticals."
"I am honored and pleased to receive the Thought Leader Award from Agilent," said Dr. Lowe. "This award represents a unique partnership that will enable us to rapidly develop and implement genome engineering technologies to identify strategies for treating cancers that are currently resistant to conventional therapies."
The Agilent Thought Leader Award promotes fundamental scientific advances by contributing financial support, products and expertise to the research of influential thought leaders in the life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets. Information about previous award recipients is available at Agilent's Thought Leader website.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. The company generated revenues of $4.04 billion in fiscal 2015 and employs about 12,000 people worldwide. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
For images related to this press release,
please visit the ImageLibrary (Images 2016-16)
Dr. Scott Lowe - Agilent Thought Leader 2016
Record changed: 2016-11-04
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]