Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Water-quality Researcher". Santa Clara, CA.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced that Shane Snyder, Ph.D., has received an Agilent Thought Leader Award in recognition of his influential research in water analysis, and the exploration of new approaches to determine the quality and safety of drinking water.
Dr. Snyder is a professor of Chemical and Environmental Engineering at the University of Arizona in Tucson. Dr. Snyder and his team are developing an end-to-end workflow for effect-directed analysis designed to identify and characterize emerging contaminants in water supplies. Their research will also create assays for determining the safety of wastewater reuse initiatives.
"Growing interest in recycling municipal wastewater for potable supplies drives the need for more comprehensive water characterization — particularly for as-yet unidentified chemical contaminants including treatment byproducts," said Dr. Snyder. "This Agilent Thought Leader Award will allow our team to develop further tools and human-relevant monitoring programs, that will increase public trust in potable water reuse projects."
"Agilent Technologies is proud to grant an Agilent Thought Leader Award to Dr. Snyder. This award builds on our collaboration with a world-renowned scientist in the area of water treatment and reuse research," said Tori Richmond, a director of Segment Marketing at Agilent and executive sponsor of this award. "Through our partnership with Dr. Snyder, we will be able to support further research into the identification and analysis of emerging contaminants and their degradation products during wastewater and potable reuse treatment. The results of this work will help ensure a clean and sustainable water supply for future generations."
Dr. Snyder's methods, which include gas and liquid chromatography in tandem with high-resolution, accurate-mass mass spectrometry, will now be supplemented by in vitro profiling using Agilent cell metabolism and genomics solutions.
Dr. Snyder is a member of the World Health Organization (WHO) Drinking Water Advisory Panel and also a Fellow of the International Water Association (IWA). Additionally, he serves on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Science Advisory Board Drinking Water Committee, and the U.S. EPA Board of Scientific Counselors Safe and Sustainable Water Resources Subcommittee. Dr. Snyder also serves as an editor-in-chief for the international Elsevier journal Chemosphere.
The Agilent Thought Leader Award Program promotes fundamental scientific advances by contributing financial support, products and expertise to the research of influential thought leaders in the life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets. Further information is available by visiting the Agilent Thought Leader Program web page.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. Agilent generated revenue of $4.20 billion in fiscal 2016. The company employs about 12,500 people worldwide. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
Record changed: 2017-01-22
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Dako’s CE Marked PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx Companion Diagnostics". Carpinteria, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/18/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Collaboration on Reproductive Genetics". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEO Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]