Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA.
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) and Transcriptic Inc. have agreed to partner their technologies to provide a solution for convenient, broad scale synthetic and discovery biology research.
Agilent continues its strong program of fostering innovation using the Agilent portfolio by collaborating with rising companies such as Transcriptic to develop novel synthetic biology solutions. Transcriptic's automated discovery biology platform enables scalable life science research through a convenient and simple web interface. Biologists who use the platform can control their science and generate data remotely via the cloud.
Transcriptic will add multiple Agilent Genomics product lines for mutagenesis and cloning to the protocol library within the Transcriptic robotic cloud laboratory. The first in the series – QuikChange Lightning – will accelerate the generation of multiple mutants for large protein function projects. Providing cutting-edge Agilent bioreagents in a robotic laboratory setting will allow a global customer base to automate and optimize workflows for rapid and efficient research discoveries.
"We're excited to combine our genome engineering tools with automated experimentation," said Herman Verrelst, Agilent vice president and general manager of the company's Genomics Solutions Division and Clinical Applications Division. "Transcriptic's services are validated, scalable, and accessible from anywhere in the world, which will enhance the market for our industry-leading reagents."
The companies recently presented the combined solution at the iGEM 2016 Giant Jamboree to teams of budding synthetic biologists from around the world.
For more information, visit https://learn.transcriptic.com/quikchange-lightning.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. Agilent generated revenue of $4.20 billion in fiscal 2016. The company employs about 12,500 people worldwide. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+45 2933 6980
Record changed: 2017-01-09
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/20/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Hires Samraat »Sam« Raha to Head Strategy and Corporate Development". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Board of Directors Elects Koh Boon Hwee as New Chairman". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Cash Dividend of 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/8/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Launches New Research-grade Triple Quadrupole LC/MS System ". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/7/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Biopharma Portfolio with Advanced Mass Spec System". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/2/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Postnatal Assay for Detection of Genetic Anomalies. GenetiSure Dx Postnatal Assay Can Help Move Inquiries from Cause to Care Faster". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies CTO Darlene Solomon Elected to National Academy of Engineering". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/23/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Webcasts for Investment Community". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Receives Dow's Western Canada Science and Technical Excellence Conference Awards (WesTEC) for Technical Excellence and Innovation". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/14/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports First-Quarter 2017 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]