Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (7/18/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Showcases Unprecedented Sensitivity and Ease of Use in New Triple Quadrupole GC/MS Instruments". Santa Clara, CA.
Systems Improve Ability to Monitor Food and Water Quality
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today enhanced its line of scientific instruments with two new models of the company's 7000 Series Triple Quadrupole Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry systems.
Agilent is showcasing the new quadrupole GC/MS/MS instruments-along with a new analyzer for pesticides and environmental pollutants-at the North American Chemical Residue Workshop, a four-day gathering for scientists interested in developing better analytical methods, which starts today in St. Pete Beach, Florida.
"Increasingly, laboratories that test the safety of our food and water are turning to triple quadrupole GC/MS systems because their selectivity makes them better able to handle complex matrices than standard single quadrupole systems," said Monty Benefiel, vice president and general manager of Agilent's Mass Spectrometry Division. "Both of our new instruments-the 7000D and 7010B-include enhancements that not only improve analytical performance but make them easier to use than any previous triple quad GC/MS system."
Benefiel noted that Agilent's extensive single quad GC/MS installed customer base, who want to run samples on their triple quad, can open existing single quad GC/MS methods with a single mouse click using Agilent MassHunter software. "Nobody else makes it that easy to distribute your total workload among all of your available Agilent GC/MS systems, adding greater capacity to their laboratory," he said. "This capability also streamlines the transition from SIM on the single quad to MS/MS on the triple quad."
The 7010B includes Agilent's exclusive high-efficiency ion source, which enhances the instrument's sensitivity by a factor of 10. Both models are also available with Agilent's patented JetClean self-cleaning ion source. Using a carefully controlled hydrogen flow, the JetClean source readily removes matrix deposits, which can build up over time and compromise instrument performance.
Agilent's fourth-generation Pesticides and Environmental Pollutants Analyzer based on the 7010B provides laboratories with a turnkey solution for detecting, identifying and quantifying pesticides in food and environmental matrices. It also takes advantage of new dMRM capability in MassHunter Acquisition and a new pesticide database that includes matrix optimized transitions to confidently detect contaminants in food and water samples.
"Together, these technologies from Agilent will enable laboratories to more easily and accurately monitor food and water, resulting in greater public safety," Benefiel said.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. The company generated revenue of $4.04 billion in fiscal 2015 and employs about 12,000 people worldwide. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 2005
Record changed: 2016-08-09
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/31/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Dako’s CE Marked PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx Companion Diagnostics". Carpinteria, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/18/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Collaboration on Reproductive Genetics". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEO Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Water-quality Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]