Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (7/18/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Showcases Unprecedented Sensitivity and Ease of Use in New Triple Quadrupole GC/MS Instruments". Santa Clara, CA.
Systems Improve Ability to Monitor Food and Water Quality
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today enhanced its line of scientific instruments with two new models of the company's 7000 Series Triple Quadrupole Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry systems.
Agilent is showcasing the new quadrupole GC/MS/MS instruments-along with a new analyzer for pesticides and environmental pollutants-at the North American Chemical Residue Workshop, a four-day gathering for scientists interested in developing better analytical methods, which starts today in St. Pete Beach, Florida.
"Increasingly, laboratories that test the safety of our food and water are turning to triple quadrupole GC/MS systems because their selectivity makes them better able to handle complex matrices than standard single quadrupole systems," said Monty Benefiel, vice president and general manager of Agilent's Mass Spectrometry Division. "Both of our new instruments-the 7000D and 7010B-include enhancements that not only improve analytical performance but make them easier to use than any previous triple quad GC/MS system."
Benefiel noted that Agilent's extensive single quad GC/MS installed customer base, who want to run samples on their triple quad, can open existing single quad GC/MS methods with a single mouse click using Agilent MassHunter software. "Nobody else makes it that easy to distribute your total workload among all of your available Agilent GC/MS systems, adding greater capacity to their laboratory," he said. "This capability also streamlines the transition from SIM on the single quad to MS/MS on the triple quad."
The 7010B includes Agilent's exclusive high-efficiency ion source, which enhances the instrument's sensitivity by a factor of 10. Both models are also available with Agilent's patented JetClean self-cleaning ion source. Using a carefully controlled hydrogen flow, the JetClean source readily removes matrix deposits, which can build up over time and compromise instrument performance.
Agilent's fourth-generation Pesticides and Environmental Pollutants Analyzer based on the 7010B provides laboratories with a turnkey solution for detecting, identifying and quantifying pesticides in food and environmental matrices. It also takes advantage of new dMRM capability in MassHunter Acquisition and a new pesticide database that includes matrix optimized transitions to confidently detect contaminants in food and water samples.
"Together, these technologies from Agilent will enable laboratories to more easily and accurately monitor food and water, resulting in greater public safety," Benefiel said.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A), a global leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets, is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. Agilent works with customers in more than 100 countries, providing instruments, software, services and consumables for the entire laboratory workflow. The company generated revenue of $4.04 billion in fiscal 2015 and employs about 12,000 people worldwide. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 2005
Record changed: 2016-08-09
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Reisch, Marc S. [C&EN]. (3/27/17). "News: Exploding Pumps Trigger Sciex Mass Spectrometer Alert. Global Safety Notice Recommends Shutdown of Workhorse Analytical Chemistry Tools"....
-  InSphero AG. (3/27/17). "Press Release: InSphero 3D Liver Microtissues Featured at Annual SOT Meeting as More Sensitive Model for DILI and Mechanistic Toxicity Testing". Schlieren....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/21/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Enhances Exome Sequencing for Clinical Research". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/20/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Hires Samraat »Sam« Raha to Head Strategy and Corporate Development". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Board of Directors Elects Koh Boon Hwee as New Chairman". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Announces Cash Dividend of 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/8/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Launches New Research-grade Triple Quadrupole LC/MS System ". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/7/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Extends Biopharma Portfolio with Advanced Mass Spec System". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (3/2/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Postnatal Assay for Detection of Genetic Anomalies. GenetiSure Dx Postnatal Assay Can Help Move Inquiries from Cause to Care Faster". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies CTO Darlene Solomon Elected to National Academy of Engineering". Santa Clara, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]