Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (8/19/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Upgrades ICP-MS Software, Expands ICP-MS Instrument Family". Santa Clara, CA.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: A) today released a new easy-to-learn version of its popular ICP-MS MassHunter Workstation software for the 7700 Series inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometer (ICP-MS). The company also expanded its ICP-MS instrument platform with the Agilent 7700e ICP-MS, designed to deliver high-performance, routine elemental analysis at an affordable price.
The updated ICP-MS MassHunter Workstation provides an all-new interface for instrument control, method setup and sequencing on Agilent 7700 Series ICP-MS systems. The new software release also introduces innovative productivity and ease-of-use features such as a startup scheduler and batch-and-queue sequence control. Fewer screens and a flat user interface simplify menu navigation, and all essential information is at the operator's fingertips. The result is software that is easy to learn and simple to operate.
A key feature of the new ICP-MS MassHunter software is the use of pre-set methods, which allow users to choose from pre-defined sets of operating and acquisition conditions for the analysis of well-characterized sample types. As well as defining the auto-tuning parameters and the plasma conditions to be used, the pre-set methods also pre-load the analyte list, select the internal standards, set the integration times and define the preferred cell mode and any correction equations required for each analyte. The result is that many routine applications can be run without any manual tuning or method development, using consistent and optimum conditions regardless of the operator's expertise.
The 7700e is a new addition to the Agilent 7700 Series ICP-MS family, developed with the emphasis on streamlined and simplified operation for common applications. With commonly required software functionality and a standardized hardware configuration, the 7700e offers users access to high-performance ICP-MS capabilities at an affordable price. This is especially useful where budgets are limited and ultimate flexibility is not required. The 7700e mainframe does not compromise on performance, as it keeps the same matrix-tolerant plasma, off-axis ion lens, ORS3 collision cell and nine orders of magnitude detector as the Agilent 7700x model.
The new ICP-MS MassHunter comes in two versions, core and full. The core version of MassHunter, which ships as standard with the new 7700e model, includes the standard functionality required for typical routine analysis.
The full version of the new MassHunter software ships as standard with the 7700x and 7700s models, and includes advanced functions such as makeup gas control, used for high-matrix introduction (HMI) operation on the 7700x; flexible manual tuning modes; fast cell gas switching; and advanced acquisition modes, including half-mass acquisition, time-resolved analysis, isotope ratio and isotope dilution. An upgrade path is available to convert the 7700e hardware and core version of MassHunter to 7700x equivalent specification with full version of MassHunter, should lab requirements change in the future.
"As ICP-MS analysis becomes more routine and throughput demands become greater, commercial laboratories are seeking lower analysis costs and easier instrument operation" said Toshifumi Matsuzaki, Agilent ICP-MS business manager, Spectroscopy Division. "We are confident that Agilent's new ICP-MS products meet these needs. The 7700e provides an affordable route to high-performance ICP-MS, and the new revision of ICP-MS MassHunter software delivers simpler operation for both new and experienced users."
For more information, please visit www.agilent.com/chem/icpms
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
For images related to this press release, please visit the ImageLibrary (Image #149)
+1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]