Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (6/6/11). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Upgrades Single Quadrupole LC/MS Family without Raising Prices". Denver, CO.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||ASMS (American Society for Mass Spectrometry)|
|Product||6100 Series Single Quadrupole LC/MS system (Agilent)|
|Product 2||MassHunter software|
|Person||Miller, Ken (Thermo Fisher 201111– VP Marketing Life Sciences MS before Agilent Marketing Director LC/MS)|
|Person 2||Matlow, Stuart (Stu) (Thermo Fisher 201206 Public Relations Manager Chromatography + Mass Spectrometry before Agilent)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced a number of performance enhancements to its 6100B Series single quadrupole liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (LC/MS) platform. Prices are unchanged.
At the entry level of the Agilent single quad LC/MS portfolio, the 6120B now has POS/NEG switching that is 10 times faster than the previous instrument. Switching speed up to 30 milliseconds provides more information from each injection, even with narrow LC peaks. Scan speed also increases substantially, from 2,500 u/sec to 5250 u/sec for higher confidence molecule identification and confirmation.
The mid-range Agilent 6130B is now compatible with Agilent Jet Stream technology. This unique sample inlet design uses super-heated sheath gas to focus the ion stream entering the mass spec. This improves sensitivity by producing a stronger signal with lower relative standard deviation at the limit of detection. The instrument already delivers a mass range to 3000 amu, and the added sensitivity further enhances its versatility.
Agilent also announced a new release of MassHunter Translator software, with benefits for users of all Agilent single quad LC/MS systems, including the high-performance 6150B. Translator automatically converts SQ data files to the MassHunter format. MassHunter provides powerful qualitative and quantitative data analysis and reporting. The translator software previously supported only a manual process requiring much more user intervention.
"Our single quad customers have long appreciated the ruggedness and performance of the 6100 series," said Ken Miller, Agilent marketing director, LC/MS. "Now we're rewarding their loyalty by giving them more for their instrument investment."
More information is available at www.agilent.com/chem/singlequad.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronics and communications. The company's 18,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.4 billion in fiscal 2010. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
# # #
For images related to this press release, please visit the ImageLibrary (Image #179)
+1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]