Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (2/22/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Wins HPLC Columns Trade Secrets Case against Advanced Materials Technology, Inc.". Santa Clara, CA.
|Region||Delaware (federal state)|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Advanced Materials Technology Inc. (AMT)|
|Product 2||liquid chromatography (LC)|
|Person||Stimson, Helen (Agilent Life Sciences and Chemical Analysis 200601)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced a favorable decision in its trade secrets and breach of contract case against Advanced Materials Technology, Inc. (AMT) and three of its employees in the Delaware Court of Chancery. Agilent filed the lawsuit in January 2008 to protect confidential and proprietary information relating to its high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) technology.
The decision in favor of Agilent found that the individual defendants, members of AMT's senior management team, breached their employment contracts with Agilent by removing Agilent property without permission, and used Agilent confidential information to benefit AMT. In particular, the court ruled that AMT illegally used Agilent trade secrets and confidential information in developing its Halo HPLC columns.
The court also ruled that the defendants are liable for monetary damages and reasonable attorneys' fees and costs incurred by Agilent as a result of the individual defendants' willful and malicious conduct.
"We are extremely pleased with the decision by the Delaware court," said Helen Stimson, Agilent vice president and general manager, Consumables and Supplies Division. "Intellectual property is the bedrock of HP/Agilent's 70-year history. This ruling signifies that we will vigorously protect the innovative spirit and business integrity that is the core of our company."
Agilent is a leading global developer and manufacturer of HPLC instruments, columns, supplies and support. HPLC is a form of liquid chromatography used frequently in biochemistry and analytical chemistry. Sometimes referred to as high-pressure liquid chromatography, it is used to separate components of a mixture by using a variety of chemical interactions between the substance being analyzed and the chromatography column.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 16,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 2005
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]