Document › Details
AMETEK, Inc.. (8/5/14). "Press Release: Ametek Announces Two Acquisitions. Amptek, Inc. Broadens Ametek’s Materials Analysis Capabilities – Luphos GmbH Adds Unique Technology to Ametek’s Metrology Platform". Berwyn, PA.
|Organisation||AMETEK Inc. (NYSE: AME)|
|Organisation 2||Luphos GmbH|
|Product 2||X-ray fluorescence technology (XRF)|
|Index term||Luphos–AMETEK: investment, 201405 acquisition of Luphos GmbH by AMETEK|
|Index term 2||Amptek–AMETEK: investment, 201408 acquisition of Amptek Inc|
|Person||Hermance, Frank S. (Ametek 201408 CEO)|
AMETEK, Inc. (NYSE: AME) today announced that it has completed two acquisitions:
> AMPTEK, Inc., a privately held provider of x-ray detectors used to identify the composition of materials using x-ray fluorescence (XRF) within the metal, environmental monitoring, petrochemical, semiconductor and research markets
> Luphos GmbH, a highly strategic technology acquisition which provides key non-contact metrology technology used in the measurement of complex aspherical lenses and optical surfaces
"Both AMPTEK and Luphos are excellent acquisitions and highly strategic additions to our Electronic Instruments Group. These businesses will allow us to expand our presence in materials analysis and dimensional metrology, two attractive growth platforms. These acquisitions also continue our very strong deployment of capital on acquisitions," comments Frank S. Hermance, AMETEK Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
Headquartered in Bedford, MA, Amptek provides instrumentation and detectors used in non-destructive materials analysis applications. The privately held manufacturer has annual sales of approximately $30 million.
Amptek is a leader in x-ray detectors used in portable and laboratory instrumentation utilizing x-ray fluorescence (XRF), electronics for nuclear and spaceflight instruments, and gamma-ray detectors for Homeland Security and nuclear emissions monitoring.
"Amptek is an excellent addition to our materials analysis businesses. Its products and technology nicely complement our existing materials analysis capabilities. They also expand our presence into a number of attractive market segments including bench top and life sciences applications," comments Frank S. Hermance, AMETEK Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
"Amptek provides us with attractive sensor and detector technology as well as strong R&D development capabilities which will help to accelerate future technology developments for our served markets," adds Mr. Hermance.
Amptek joins AMETEK as unit of its Materials Analysis Division within AMETEK's Electronic Instruments Group (EIG) -- a recognized leader in advanced monitoring, testing, calibrating, and display instruments with 2013 sales of $2.0 billion.
Luphos GmbH has leading technology utilizing multi-wavelength laser interferometry (MWLI). Their non-contact metrology technology provides highly accurate, nanometer level measurements of complex lenses and optical surfaces.
"The acquisition of Luphos provides us with exciting technology which is highly complementary to our Taylor Hobson and Zygo dimensional metrology businesses. This technology expands our metrology capabilities across a wider range of measurement applications and profiles thereby providing our customers a broader product and technology portfolio to serve their measurement needs," comments Frank S. Hermance, AMETEK Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
Luphos joins AMETEK as a unit of its Ultra Precision Technology Division within AMETEK's Electronic Instruments Group (EIG).
AMETEK is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electro-mechanical devices with 2013 sales of $3.6 billion. AMETEK's Corporate Growth Plan is based on Four Key Strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion and New Products. AMETEK's objective is double-digit percentage growth in earnings per share over the business cycle and a superior return on total capital. The common stock of AMETEK is a component of the S&P 500 Index.
Statements in this news release relating to future events, such as AMETEK's expected business and financial performance are "forward-looking statements." Forward-looking statements are subject to various factors and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ significantly from expectations. These factors and uncertainties include AMETEK's ability to consummate and successfully integrate future acquisitions; risks associated with international sales and operations; AMETEK's ability to successfully develop new products, open new facilities or transfer product lines; the price and availability of raw materials; compliance with government regulations, including environmental regulations; changes in the competitive environment or the effects of competition in our markets; the ability to maintain adequate liquidity and financing sources; and general economic conditions affecting the industries we serve. A detailed discussion of these and other factors that may affect our future results is contained in AMETEK's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its most recent reports on Form 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K. AMETEK disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements.
Contact: Kevin C. Coleman (610) 889-5247
Record changed: 2016-11-04
More documents for AMETEK (Group)
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/4/16). "Press Release: AMETEK to Present at Baird’s 2016 Global Industrial Conference". Berwyn, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Announces Third Quarter 2016 Results". Berwyn, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Completes Private Placement Offering. Note Offering of 500 Million Euros and 225 Million British Pounds". Berwyn, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Acquires Laserage Technology Corporation. Leader in Laser Fabrication for Medical Device Market". Berwyn, PA....
-  Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Spectro Introduces New Spectroblue ICP-OES Analyzer with Powerful New Generator for Ultra-Precise Analysis, Higher Productivity". Kleve....
-  Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH. (10/20/16). "Press Release: Dr. Christoph Mätzig Named Managing Director, Spectro Analytical Instruments". Kleve....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: ProMaxion Mass Spectrometer Proven Accurate and Effective in Determing Flare Gas Hot Values". Pittsburgh, PA....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (8/4/16). "Press Release: AMETEK Completes Two Acquisitions. Nu Instruments Adds to Position in High-End Elemental Analysis – HS Foils Brings Unique Technology to Materials Analysis Business". Berwyn, PA....
-  Blue Scientific Ltd.. (1/15/16). "Press Release: Blue Scientific Now Exclusive Distributor for Ametek in Ireland"....
-  Spectro Analytical Instruments GmbH. (1/21/15). "Press Release: New Spectro Arcos High-resolution ICP-OES Spectrometer for Elemental Analysis Surpasses Performance Limitations". Kleve....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]