Document › Details
Analytik Jena AG. (8/14/14). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Closed Third Quarther Below Expectations". Jena.
|Organisation||Analytik Jena AG|
|Organisation 2||AJZ Engineering GmbH|
|Product 2||optical instruments|
|Index term 2||UVP–Analytik Jena: investment, 201304 acquisition €na 100% of UVP LLC + wholly-owned sub Ultra-Violet Products Ltd|
Analytik Jena AG (Prime Standard: AJA, ISIN: DE0005213508) closed the third quarter 2013/2014 below expectations. After nine months in the financial year 2013/2014, the Thuringian manufacturer of analytical measuring technology, life science instruments and optoelectronics generated consolidated revenue of EUR 89.7 m (previous year: EUR 71.3 m). Although this was 25.8 % more than in the comparable period of the previous year, the revenue increases resulted primarily from the project business of subsidiary AJZ Engineering, which was again fully consolidated and whose remaining shares (51.0 %) Analytik Jena AG reacquired on October 2, 2013 and in which it now again holds 100.0 %.
In its core instrument business, Analytik Jena Group generated revenue of EUR 74.6 m after nine months of the financial year, corresponding to 4.7 % more than in the previous year (previous year: EUR 71.3 m). Consolidated within this is the revenue of the UVP Group, which had not yet been included in the first six months of the previous year. Both the largest business unit Analytical Instrumentation and the Consumer Optics business with the DOCTER® brand, which is included in the Optics business unit, recorded revenue declines after nine months.
On the Group level Analytik Jena AG achieved earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) of EUR 4.3 m (previous year: EUR 5.6 m). Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) amounted to EUR 0.6 m (previous year: EUR 2.3 m). The operating result was negatively affected particularly by lower organic revenue in all three business units and respective losses after nine months in Life Science and Optics. All in all, the Group recorded a consolidated net loss in the first nine months of the financial year of EUR 3.3 m (previous year consolidated net loss: EUR 0.6 m).
Analytik Jena AG expects revenue in the instrument business of more than EUR 100.0 m for the current financial year 2013/2014. Not taken into account in this forecast is the revenue expected from the project business. Despite the unsatisfactory earnings development after nine months, Analytik Jena continues to expect an operating profit (EBIT) of around EUR 3.0 m based on the forecast and order entries in the fourth quarter.
The complete 9-months-report is available here.
[ www.analytik-jena.de/nc/en/company/investors/financial-reports.html?cid=18995&did=22820&sechash=d53ea621 ]
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Endress+Hauser (Group)
-  Analytik Jena AG. (3/21/17). "Press Release: compEAct – a New Benchmark in TN and TS Analysis of Organic Sample Matrices". Jena....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (3/8/17). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Finds Entry into the Ultra-High Throughput Genotyping Market through Co-Marketing Agreement with Illumina". Jena & San Diego, CA....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/20/17). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Presents Innovative Applications for Its Elite Product Range of ICP-MS and ICP-OES Instruments at EWCPS 2017". Jena & Sankt Anton....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/9/17). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Wins New Product Award for Innovation in Nucleic Acid Extraction at SLAS 2017". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Analytik Jena and Fresenius University of Applied Sciences Open the Rhein-Main Application Center". Idstein & Jena....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (9/16/16). "Press Release: Ulrich Krauss to Succeed Analytik Jena Founder Klaus Berka as CEO on October 1, 2016". Jena....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (9/12/16). "Press Release: Joint Appearance at ILMAC. Endress+Hauser and Analytik Jena Present Themselves at Leading Swiss Industry Trade Fair". Basel & Jena....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (5/11/16). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Introduces New Generation of contrAA High-Resolution Continuum Source AA Spectrometers". Munich....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (4/19/16). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Sells Site in Eisfeld. New Investor Acquiring Entire Optics Business Unit as Well as Component Production for Analytical Technology". Jena & Eisfeld....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]