Document › Details
Analytik Jena AG. (4/19/16). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Sells Site in Eisfeld. New Investor Acquiring Entire Optics Business Unit as Well as Component Production for Analytical Technology". Jena & Eisfeld.
|Organisation||Analytik Jena AG|
|Product 2||analytical instrument|
|Person||Berka, Klaus (Analytik Jena 200702 Chairman Executive Board)|
> All 120 employees at the site to be taken on
> Long-term supply agreement between Analytik Jena and investor ensures the future of the site
Analytik Jena AG is selling its Eisfeld site as of the end of April 30, 2016, to NOBLEX GmbH. NOBLEX GmbH is a subsidiary of the Frankfurt-based investment company VF Capital GmbH. A corresponding agreement was signed this past Friday by both companies. In addition to the business with optical consumer products under the brand name DOCTER, the transaction includes the production of parts, assemblies, and components for use in analytical technology, which Analytik Jena distributes as part of its core business.
Important points regarding the further strategic cooperation of both contractual partners were covered under the agreement. One key point is that NOBLEX will continue to produce parts, assemblies, and components for use in Analytik Jena products. In addition to the Optics business, which will be continued independently, this agreement means a very good level of production capacity utilization for the site’s new owner as well as assured supply quality for the product portfolio of Analytik Jena. The corresponding framework supply agreement has initially been agreed upon for three years.
“Analytik Jena will concentrate on its core business of lab analysis in the future as part of its strategic orientation,” said Klaus Berka, Chief Executive Officer of Analytik Jena AG. “Retaining the jobs of all employees at the Eisfeld site into the future was at the forefront of our negotiations regarding the sale of the site to the investor. We have also provided contractual assurance to the new owner that Analytik Jena will continue to be a primary buyer for the analytical technology components produced there, thus remaining the site’s most important customer.”
In the Optics business unit, Analytik Jena developed and produced high-quality binoculars, telescopic sights for hunting, and universally deployable reflex sights under the brand name DOCTER at the long-standing Eisfeld location in southern Thuringia. The business, which had been stagnating in recent years, was able to grow through new products in the past two years. In March 2016, Analytik Jena presented the world’s smallest and flattest reflex sight, the QUICKsight, at Europe’s most important industry trade fair, the IWA in Nuremberg. This sight, specially developed for use on shotguns, addresses the needs of both the hunting market and shooting sports market. NOBLEX GmbH will maintain and expand on the many years of expertise built up at the Eisfeld site.
“Our group of companies focuses especially on investments in manufacturing companies. With the Analytik Jena site in Eisfeld, we have acquired a very experienced production site with a history. Our goal is to continue to expand this site, make investments here, and continue the specialized training of the employees. We will offer all employees long-term prospects and build upon them so that we can continue to collaborate with Analytik Jena in a way that is successful for both parties and continues for a long time,” said Peter Vey, CEO of NOBLEX GmbH.
“Analytik Jena’s focus on its core competencies in the instrument business is an important prerequisite for the continued expansion of our business around the world and for targeted investments,” Berka continued. Since March 2016, Analytik Jena AG has been a wholly owned subsidiary of the family-owned Swiss company Endress+Hauser.
Record changed: 2017-01-05
More documents for Endress+Hauser (Group)
-  Analytik Jena AG. (3/21/17). "Press Release: compEAct – a New Benchmark in TN and TS Analysis of Organic Sample Matrices". Jena....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (3/8/17). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Finds Entry into the Ultra-High Throughput Genotyping Market through Co-Marketing Agreement with Illumina". Jena & San Diego, CA....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/20/17). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Presents Innovative Applications for Its Elite Product Range of ICP-MS and ICP-OES Instruments at EWCPS 2017". Jena & Sankt Anton....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/9/17). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Wins New Product Award for Innovation in Nucleic Acid Extraction at SLAS 2017". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Analytik Jena and Fresenius University of Applied Sciences Open the Rhein-Main Application Center". Idstein & Jena....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (9/16/16). "Press Release: Ulrich Krauss to Succeed Analytik Jena Founder Klaus Berka as CEO on October 1, 2016". Jena....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (9/12/16). "Press Release: Joint Appearance at ILMAC. Endress+Hauser and Analytik Jena Present Themselves at Leading Swiss Industry Trade Fair". Basel & Jena....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (5/11/16). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Introduces New Generation of contrAA High-Resolution Continuum Source AA Spectrometers". Munich....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (4/7/16). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Launches a New Model for the PlasmaQuant® PQ 9000 Series of ICP-OES Instruments". Jena....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]