Document › Details
Analytik Jena AG. (2/9/17). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Wins New Product Award for Innovation in Nucleic Acid Extraction at SLAS 2017". Jena & Washington, DC.
|Organisation||Analytik Jena AG|
|Organisation 2||Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening (SLAS)|
Analytik Jena`s SmartExtraction global innovation was awarded this year’s New Product Award (NPA) yesterday at the SLAS International Conference and Exhibition in Washington D.C. With this prize, the Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening annual meeting (SLAS) recognizes product innovations. Analytik Jena’s SmartExtraction technology competed against numerous product submissions.
“I’m delighted with award. It’s a testament to all of our work,” says Ulrich Krauss, CEO of Analytik Jena AG. Krauss was also extremely satisfied with the trade fair and conference as a whole. “The week proved to be very successful. The atmosphere was exceptional, the discussions good.” The SLAS conference focuses on innovative products and processes in lab automation and liquid handling.
SmartExtraction is a global innovation in nucleic acid extraction: The innovative technology does not require the use of phenol/chloroform, ion exchangers, filter columns, or filter plates, nor does it need suspensions of magnetic or paramagnetic particles to bind nucleic acids. The use of uniquely modified surfaces for the binding of nucleic acids (“Smart Modified Surfaces”) forms the basis of the technology developed by scientists at Analytik Jena.
Along with its simple extraction process, the SmartExtraction technology also impresses in terms of the yield and quality of the isolated nucleic acids. Because of the extremely high binding capacities of the modified surfaces used, the achieved yield of nucleic acids is practically unlimited, as opposed to magnetic particle based extraction, for example. In addition, the new technology also allows the isolation of nucleic acids that are only present in very low concentrations in a biological sample.
Analytik Jena offers a number of hardware solutions for the isolation of nucleic acids using SmartExtraction technology with its InnuPure® C16, InnuPure® C96, CyBio® SELMA, CyBio® FeliX, and GeneTheatre automation platforms. These range from partially automated extraction protocols (CyBio® SELMA) to fully automated extraction, which can then be combined with further process steps, such as a PCR setup (CyBio® FeliX, GeneTheatre).
Contact Analytik Jena AG:
Dana Schmidt, PR Manager
Tel: +49 36 41 77-92 81 | Fax: +49 36 41 77-99 88
email@example.com | www.analytik-jena.com
Record changed: 2017-03-26
More documents for Endress+Hauser (Group)
-  Analytik Jena AG. (3/21/17). "Press Release: compEAct – a New Benchmark in TN and TS Analysis of Organic Sample Matrices". Jena....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (3/8/17). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Finds Entry into the Ultra-High Throughput Genotyping Market through Co-Marketing Agreement with Illumina". Jena & San Diego, CA....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/20/17). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Presents Innovative Applications for Its Elite Product Range of ICP-MS and ICP-OES Instruments at EWCPS 2017". Jena & Sankt Anton....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Analytik Jena and Fresenius University of Applied Sciences Open the Rhein-Main Application Center". Idstein & Jena....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (9/16/16). "Press Release: Ulrich Krauss to Succeed Analytik Jena Founder Klaus Berka as CEO on October 1, 2016". Jena....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (9/12/16). "Press Release: Joint Appearance at ILMAC. Endress+Hauser and Analytik Jena Present Themselves at Leading Swiss Industry Trade Fair". Basel & Jena....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (5/11/16). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Introduces New Generation of contrAA High-Resolution Continuum Source AA Spectrometers". Munich....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (4/19/16). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Sells Site in Eisfeld. New Investor Acquiring Entire Optics Business Unit as Well as Component Production for Analytical Technology". Jena & Eisfeld....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (4/7/16). "Press Release: Analytik Jena Launches a New Model for the PlasmaQuant® PQ 9000 Series of ICP-OES Instruments". Jena....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]