Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (2/22/05). "Press Release: Apotex Selects Waters Empower™ CDS Software to Increase Lab Productivity. Decision Meets Strategic Goal of Global, Standard Data System for Process Efficiencies and Reduced Cycle Time". Milford, MA.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product||Empower™ Chromatography Data System (CDS)|
|Person||Khanna, Rohit (Waters 201601– SVP Applied Technology before VP Worldwide Marketing)|
Waters Corporation today announced that Apotex Inc., a Canadian-owned pharmaceutical company, is in the initial planning stages of implementing Waters® Empower Software. The company selected Empower Software to acquire, manage, process and report data in a compliant-ready environment. Initially, Apotex will roll out Empower Software across three continents encompassing six sites where 1200 users will access 750 multi-vendor instruments in its R&D and Commercial Laboratory Operations.
According to Michael Davidson, CIO at Apotex, "Empower was chosen as part of an integrated solution to improve efficiency and capacity utilization. The Apotex solution already includes Waters NuGenesis® SDMS and MassLynx™ software, that are core applications in Waters Laboratory Informatics Suite. Today's announcement will make it considerably easier for Apotex to move to a completely electronic laboratory data management process."
Apotex expects to reduce testing cycle times for its data security, compliance and validation processes with the following Empower Software features:
– Seamless integration with enterprise-wide applications
– Flexible reporting with ability to preview electronically
– Ability to generate robust custom calculations
– Control of existing multi-vendor instruments
– User friendly acquisition and processing of data
– Ease and speed of deployment
– Robust, stable and scalable architecture
– Enhanced compliance capabilities
– Enhanced detection capabilities for third-party instruments
"Apotex is one of the early adopters in our industry that recognizes the benefit a 'paperless laboratory' can bring to a data-secured regulatory laboratory environment," said Dr. Rohit Khanna, Vice President of Worldwide Marketing at Waters Corporation. "By standardizing on one data system, Apotex can increase laboratory productivity by reducing the various workflow processes that impact the cycle time of bringing new drugs to market."
Waters Empower chromatography data software product acquires, processes and archives data generated by liquid chromatography, gas chromatography, mass spectrometry and photodiode array instrumentation. A total of 48 of the Top 50 pharmaceutical companies listed in Pharmaceutical Executive magazine's May 2004 issue currently use Empower Software for data management. The company has installed thousands of server networks since the release of its Millennium® software, in 1992, the first such product to feature an embedded Oracle® relational database to simplify the organization and retrieval of scientific data. This feature has given regulated labs competitive advantages in terms of complying with the requirements of 21 CFR Part 11.
About Apotex Inc.
Apotex Inc. is the largest Canadian-owned pharmaceutical company, employs over 5,300 people and makes more than 250 generic pharmaceuticals. Apotex plans to invest more than $1 billion in R&D over the next 10 years to develop both generic and innovative medicines. For more information, visit the company's website at www.apotex.com.
About Waters Corporation
Waters Corporation holds worldwide leading positions in three complementary analytical technologies - liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis. These markets account for $4.5 - $5.0 billion of the overall $20 + billion analytical instrument market.
Waters, NuGenesis and Millennium are registered trademarks and Empower and MassLynx are trademarks of Waters Corporation. Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates.
Certain statements contained herein are forward looking. Many factors could cause actual results to differ from these statements, including delays in product introductions, loss of market share through competition, introduction of competing products by other companies, pressures on prices from competitors and/or customers, regulatory obstacles to new product introductions, lack of acceptance of new products, changes in the healthcare market and the pharmaceutical industry, changes in distribution of the Company's products, and foreign exchange fluctuations. Such factors are discussed in detail in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and, in particular, the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31,
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]