Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (5/26/10). "Press Release: Waters Presents Research Award to Prof. Sarah Trimpin of Wayne State University. $25,000 Grant Awarded at ASMS 2010 Recognizes Innovative Mass Spectrometry Research and Applications". Salt Lake City, UT.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||Wayne State University|
|Product||Synapt™ G2 HDMS system|
|Product 2||analytical chemistry|
|Index term 2||Wayne State Univ–Waters: mass spectrometer, 200912 supply installation of 1st Synapt G2 HDMS System in US in lab of Prof Sarah Trimpin|
|Person||Trimpin, Sarah (Wayne State Univ 2008– Assistant Professor Analytical Chemsitry before Indiana Univ)|
|Person 2||Nicolaysen, Lance (Waters 201005)|
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) presented Prof. Sarah Trimpin of Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan with the ASMS 2010 Waters Research Award, an award presented annually that recognizes scientific achievement in mass spectrometry. The award presentation took place at the Salt Palace Convention Center during 58th annual meeting of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS).
In presenting the award to Dr. Trimpin, Waters' Lance Nicolaysen, Ph.D. said, "By employing mass spectrometry in new ways, Dr. Trimpin has enhanced the potential of mass spectrometry as a tool for disease research. Thanks to her efforts, and the efforts of previous award winners, we're getting closer to the day when curing diseases like Alzheimers and others is possible."
Recipients of the Waters Research Award are selected by an independent panel of mass spectrometry scientists and experts. The year 2010 marks 24 consecutive years of Waters award sponsorship.
Dr. Trimpin joined Wayne State University in 2008 as an Assistant Professor in Analytical Chemistry. Her list of accomplishments includes authoring many research articles, books, book chapters, review and perspective articles, as well as invited lectures. She has chaired sessions on new developments in ionization, imaging by mass spectrometry, and polymer analysis by MS at previous ASMS conferences. She was a 2006 Human Proteome Organization (HUPO) Young Investigator Awardee and in 2007 she was named the Top Young Investigator by Genome Technology Magazine highlighting "the best and brightest people who are poised to make serious contributions to their areas of interest." More recently she received the National Science Foundation CAREER AWARD and the DuPont Young Investigator Award.
The focus of Professor Trimpin's fundamental mass spectrometry research is on tissue imaging by high-sensitivity matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization (MALDI) mass spectrometry. Her discoveries have led to new approaches to imaging tissues, not only for lipids and metabolites, but for higher-mass compounds including proteins and maybe even protein complexes, or aggregates of proteins.
Following Waters introduction of the Synapt G2 HDMS Mass Spectrometer at ASMS 2009, Waters installed it's first Synapt G2 in the United States in Dr. Trimpin's lab at Wayne State University in December. The mass spectrometer is the first quadrupole time-of-flight instrument to perform ion mobility experiments to separate molecules by their mass, charge, size, and shape and quantify them over a wide range of concentrations. Dr. Trimpin plans to use the instrument's MALDI and ion mobility capability for novel research in different fields of inquiry.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
For more than 50 years, Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.5 billion in 2009 and 5,200 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Waters and Synapt are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]