Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (3/12/15). "Press Release: Waters Full Spectrum Molecular Imaging and Acquity UPLC System Each Recognized at Pittcon 2015". New Orleans, LA.
|Region||New Orleans, LA|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||SelectScience Ltd.|
|Product||Waters Full Spectrum Molecular Imaging System|
|Product 2||Pittcon 2015 New Orleans|
|Person||Mazzeo, Jeff (Waters 201005 Director Biopharma Business Operations)|
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) announced today that both its new full spectrum molecular imaging system and its ACQUITY® UltraPerformance LC® (UPLC®) Technology received awards at the 2015 Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy.
The Waters Full Spectrum Molecular Imaging System pinpoints, with greater specificity, the distribution of large and small molecules within tissue samples. It is the first system ever to allow scientists to access enhanced matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization (MALDI) and desorption electrospray ionization (DESI) with ion mobility separation (IMS) in a single mass spectrometry platform. (Photo: Business Wire)
Introduced this week, the Waters® full spectrum molecular imaging system was honored with the Pittcon Editors' Silver award for the most innovative product at Pittcon.
Additionally, the ACQUITY UltraPerformance LC Technology was recognized with the SelectScience Reviewers’ Choice Award, for the product with the best customer reviews and ratings on SelectScience, a leading online resource for the global scientific community.
Full Spectrum Molecular Imaging System
The full spectrum molecular imaging system is the first system ever to allow scientists to access enhanced matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization (MALDI) and desorption electrospray ionization (DESI) with ion mobility separation (IMS) in a single mass spectrometry platform.
Based on the Waters SYNAPT® G2-Si mass spectrometer, the imaging capabilities of the new full spectrum molecular imaging system enable research laboratories to pinpoint with greater specificity the distribution of large and small molecules within tissue samples. Information derived from imaging experiments can greatly benefit cancer, cardiovascular and neuro-degenerative research by measuring the distribution of molecules in cells and tissues. MS imaging also allows researchers to identify different tissue types based on their molecular composition.
“We are honored by the Pittcon editors' recognition,” said Dr. Jeff Mazzeo, Sr. Director, Health Sciences, Waters Division. "By combining MALDI with DESI and ion mobility on the same instrument, Waters brings molecular imaging to a new level. We are committed to giving cell biologists, biochemists, clinical researchers and analytical scientists the tools they need to obtain a maximum amount of information to advance their research into human health. The new full spectrum molecular imaging system combines and optimizes Waters' mass spectrometry technologies to deliver a level of detail and molecular information beyond that of any individual imaging technique."
Waters plans to begin shipments of its full spectrum molecular imaging system in the third quarter of 2015.
ACQUITY UPLC Technology
First introduced in 2004, the ACQUITY UPLC System is acclaimed for its enhanced speed, resolution and sensitivity, while also improving the quality of results. By outperforming traditional or optimized HPLC, the ACQUITY UPLC System allows chromatographers to work at higher efficiencies with a much wider range of linear velocities, flow rates, and backpressures.
"We are tremendously proud that the ACQUITY UPLC System was recognized with the Reviewers’ Choice Award. This award is particularly significant because it is decided on by the scientific community, whose success is Waters’ ultimate mission,” said Ian King Ph.D., Vice President, Separations Technology, Waters Division. “Whether you work in methods development or quality assurance, drug discovery or food safety testing, UPLC Technology is proven to provide measurable scientific and business benefits.”
UPLC Technology, which has been adopted successfully in laboratories around the world for the most demanding separations, is highly robust, dependable, and reproducible. What differentiates the holistic design of ACQUITY UPLC systems is Waters’ patented 1.7 micron hybrid particle chemistry.
The ACQUITY UPLC System was a Pittcon Editor’s Gold Award winner in 2004.
Please visit Waters.com for more details of the full portfolio of ACQUITY UPLC systems.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
For over 50 years, Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) has created business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, water quality, consumer products and high value-added chemicals worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.99 billion in 2014, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Waters, ACQUITY, UltraPerformance LC, UPLC, and SYNAPT are trademarks or registered trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/multimedia/home/20150312006533/en/
Source: Waters Corporation
Chris Orlando, 508-482-2623
Public Relations Manager
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (3/15/17). "Press Release: Waters Now Offers Proteolabels Software. Product Extends the Functionality of Progenesis QI for Proteomics Applications". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Waters Introduces Cloud Deployable CDS, New Lines of Thermogravimetric Analyzers at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Waters Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Waters Honors Singapore’s Bioprocessing Technology Institute (BTI) for Glycoscience Research". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/24/17). "Press Release: Waters Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]