Document › Details
BAC B.V.. (9/16/10). "Press Release: BAC Launches CaptureSelect HumanPlasma14 for Depletion of Abundant Proteins from Human Blood Plasma or Serum. Enhanced Specifity, Affinity and Reproducibility". Naarden.
|Organisation||BAC B.V., The Bioaffinity Company|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Northeastern University (Boston)|
BAC, the leading provider of antibody-based affinity purification technologies, announces the launch of CaptureSelect® HumanPlasma14 for highly specific, reproducible depletion of the 14 most abundant proteins from human blood plasma or serum. HumanPlasma14 is designed for single-step, single-use depletion of more than 99% of the abundant proteins. The resulting sample can then be used for further downstream applications including gel electrophoresis and mass spectrometry.
HumanPlasma14 is the first product from BAC's CaptureSelect Proteomics Toolbox, which consists of a mixture of CaptureSelect ligands. CaptureSelect ligands are single-domain monospecific antibodies uniquely immobilized on high-capacity agarose-based beads, which have been proven in laboratory and large scale industrial applications and can be custom-combined for specific protein depletion needs. The slurry can be pre-packed into columns or used in custom-made formats.
"The single-use format of HumanPlasma14 avoids the common problems associated with column recycling, such as clogging, bead regeneration and potential contamination of precious samples", noted Prof. Marina Hincapie of Northeastern University. "Being able to support a loading capacity of 20-30 ul/ml means that there is less sample dilution and we experience better recovery and reproducibility compared to competitive products."
Laurens Sierkstra, CEO of BAC said: "HumanPlasma14 is the first product from our Proteomics Toolbox that utilises the unique properties of CaptureSelect technology. By producing highly specific ligands, we are extending our product range to include affordable solutions for protein depletion. Researchers will for the first time benefit from a single-use product that delivers consistent and reproducible results."
For more information about HumanPlasma14 and BAC's product line, please visit http://www.captureselect.com/research-products/proteomics-sample-preparation/ and www.captureselect.com/shop/
Notes to editors:
BAC BV offers a wide range of products and services for affinity purification of biological materials from complex media. The Company's proprietary CaptureSelect® affinity ligands, based on Camelid single chain antibody fragments, have been proven to be suitable in a wide range of biological applications including Life Science Research and Biomanufacturing. BAC's CaptureSelect ligands are available through the Company's custom design service, or as off-the-shelf bioprocess products through commercial partners. CaptureSelect ligands for research applications are available direct from BAC through the Company's web shop.
CaptureSelect® ligand technology is based on selection of single chain antibody fragments with desirable chromatographic characteristics including robustness, high specificity and flexibility. Suitable ligands are cloned and expressed in high-titres through an animal-free Saccharomyces cerevisiae-based process.
BAC BV was established in 1995 as a Unilever subsidiary. Currently the Company employs 37 people with an R&D laboratory facility in Leiden and a state-of-the-art ISO 9001 certified manufacturing plant in Naarden, the Netherlands. For more information about BAC, visit our website at www.bac.nl. For more information about CaptureSelect® products, visit our website at www.captureselect.com
For media enquiries
Lynne Trowbridge, Adam Michael, Anastasios Koutsos,
Tel: +44 (0)20 7866 7856
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]