Document › Details
Beckman Coulter, Inc.. (4/22/14). "Press Release: Beckman Coulter Life Sciences to Acquire Cytometer Maker Xitogen. Acquisition Will Broaden Product Offering, Provides Asian Operations Center". Indianapolis, IN.
|Organisation||Beckman Coulter Inc., Life Science Division (Beckman Coulter Life Sciences)|
|Organisation 2||Xitogen Technologies Inc. (CN)|
|Product 2||MoFLo XDP cell sorter|
|Index term||Xitogen Technologies–Danaher: investment, 201404– acquisition of Xitogen tog with Cytojene Corp by Beckman Coulter Life Sciences|
|Person||Honeycutt, Jennifer (Danaher 201404 President of Beckman Coulter Life Sciences)|
|Person 2||Koksch, Mario (Danaher 201308 VP + General Manager of Cytometry Business Unit of Beckman Coulter)|
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences has entered into an agreement to acquire Xitogen Technologies Inc. together with Cytojene Corporation. Xitogen, a flow cytometer developer based in Suzhou and Dalian, China, will provide Beckman Coulter Life Sciences with both a strong operational base in the growing China market and a high quality research instrument to round out their world-class cytometry offering. The acquisition is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to close in the second quarter of 2014.
Xitogen has developed the XTG-1600, a small footprint cytometer that can detect objects in the 100 nanometer range - viruses, bacteria, microparticles and cell organelles - making it an excellent choice for basic research investigations. The base single-laser/four-channel system can be incrementally expanded to a threelaser/16-channel configuration.
The acquisition of the Xitogen business includes fully staffed facilities in Suzhou and Dalian, which will function as research and development and manufacturing centers for Beckman Coulter Life Sciences.
"We see Xitogen's technology as an accelerator that will rapidly grow our menu of products and services," stated Jennifer Honeycutt, president of Beckman Coulter Life Sciences. "We believe that Xitogen offers significant synergies within several of our strategic focus areas, which will help to advance our mission of delivering innovative and trusted scientific solutions across the globe."
"Having an operational base in the growing Asian market will enable us to provide timely service to customers in that region," said Mario Koksch, vice president and general manager of the Cytometry Business Unit for Beckman Coulter Life Sciences. "Adding this technology and intellectual property to our existing portfolio means we can extend our reach from clinical diagnostics through clinical research and further into basic research."
"We believe that flow cytometers should be easy to use, able to grow with the technical needs of the users, and provide the highest quality and performance," said Dr. Yong Chen, founder of Xitogen. "We're proud our technology will be part of the Beckman Coulter portfolio, and excited about the prospects created by having access to their sales and distribution channels."
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences offers a comprehensive line of cellular analysis products, including the industry-leading Navios and FC 500 clinical cytometers, the Gallios and CyAn research cytometers, and the MoFlo XDP and Astrios EQ cell sorters. Other products include sample preparation systems, Kaluza software and a full line of fluorescently-labeled antibodies and associated support products.
About Beckman Coulter Life Sciences
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences is dedicated to improving the health of people around the world. The company's global leadership and world-class service and support delivers sophisticated instrument systems, reagents and services to life science researchers in academic and commercial laboratories, enabling new discoveries in biology-based research and development. A leader in centrifugation and flow cytometry, Beckman Coulter has long been an innovator in capillary electrophoresis, particle characterization and laboratory automation, and its products are used at the forefront of important areas of investigation, including genomics and proteomics.
Beckman Coulter, the stylized logo, Gallios, Navios, Kaluza, MoFlo, Astrios and CyAn are trademarks of Beckman Coulter, Inc. and are registered with the USPTO.
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]