Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (3/17/10). "Press Release: BEST Subsidiary RI Research Instruments Awarded Major Contract for Two Superconducting Accelerator Modules for Pohang Accelerator". Bergisch-Gladbach.
|Region||Korea, Republic of|
RI Also Announces Contract Modification for RF and Surface Treatment of 86 Accelerator Cavities for 12 GeV Upgrade at Jefferson National Labs
RI Research Instruments GmbH, a majority-owned subsidiary of Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies (BEST), Inc., today announced the award of a 4.2 million Euro (approximately $5.7 million USD) contract with the South Korea-based Pohang Accelerator Laboratory (PAL) for the supply of two superconducting accelerator modules.
This contract covers the engineering, manufacturing, integration, testing, delivery and installation of two 500 MHz superconducting accelerator modules for the upgrade of PAL's third generation synchrotron light source, the Pohang Light Source (PLS). The PLS is operated as a national user facility designed to provide synchrotron radiation with continuous wavelengths down to 1u, owned and operated by PAL and the Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH ) on behalf of the Korean government. The PLS, which has been operated for 15 years, will be upgraded by 2011/2012 to produce synchrotron radiation with 100 times higher brightness.
Dr. Michael Peiniger, Managing Director of RI Research Instruments, explained: "This award represents the increasingly sophisticated continuation of a series of similar superconducting accelerating modules, originally based on a design by Cornell University and refined by RI to industrial standards. Several synchrotron light sources in Shanghai, Great Britain, Taiwan and Canada are successfully operating with such supercon accelerator modules delivered by RI. With this Pohang contract, we are well positioned for future applications in synchrotron light sources and other accelerator projects using superconducting radio-frequency (srf) technology."
RI also announced an approximately $750,000 contract amendment to the $6 million contract with the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility in Newport News, Virginia (www.jlab.org) for the production of 86 superconducting accelerating cavities, which was announced in July 2009. This contract modification covers all the radio frequency (rf) measurements and calibrations, as well as the cleaning of the interior surfaces of the cavities. Chemical cleaning is a key process in the ultimate performance of superconducting cavities and requires the application of detergents, followed by ultrapure water rinsing in an almost particle-free environment. RI has performed such state-of-the-art operations at its special-purpose facilities for several years.
Hanspeter Vogel, Director of RI Research Instruments GmbH, commented: "This second JLAB award is a perfect complement to the ongoing production of cavities for Jefferson Laboratory, and demonstrates again our broad range of abilities for the production and treatment of superconducting cavities. This contract will further develop our capabilities for production and treatment of cavities and complete srf accelerator modules for global applications in basic energy and nuclear science, high energy physics, as well as for the International Linear Collider (ILC). We are committed to serving our global research customers with complete accelerator subsystems, as well as with specialized series production services for sophisticated accelerator modules."
About RI Research Instruments and Bruker EST, Inc.:
RI Research Instruments GmbH is a world leader in the development and manufacturing of normal and superconducting rf cavities and systems, linear accelerators, as well as special products for physics and energy research, scientific, medical and industrial applications. RI products also include high-performance electron and ion sources, particle beamlines and diagnostics, research reactor subunits as well as vacuum and cryogenic systems. RI Research Instruments was formed as a result of BEST's April 1, 2009 acquisition of the research instruments business of ACCEL Instruments GmbH from Varian Medical Systems. Bruker acquired a majority stake in RI Research Instruments and retained Dr. Michael Peiniger as Managing Director. BEST has operations in the US, the UK and Germany, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR).
For more information, please visit: www.research-instruments.de or www.bruker-est.com
RI Research Instruments
Dr. Michael Peiniger, +49 2204 843676
Hanspeter Vogel, +49 2204 843513
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]