Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (5/20/10). "Press Release: BIOCIUS & Agilent Technologies Launch High-throughput, RapidFire® Accurate Mass Solution for Drug Discovery. Advanced, Integrated System for High Quality in vitro ADME Analyis Unveiled at ASMS Confere
|Region||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Biocius Life Sciences Inc.|
|Product||RF360 High Resolution System|
|Product 2||ADME technology|
|Index term 2||Agilent–BioTrove: in vitro biological assays, 200710– collab co-marketing Agilent 6410 Triple Quadrupole MS + Rapid Fire Sample prep system|
|Person||Özbal, Can (BIOCIUS 200912– COO before BioTrove General Manager RapidFire products)|
|Person 2||Salem, Gustavo (Gus) (IDEX 201605 Group President of IDEX Health & Science before Siscapa + Agilent + Assay Designs)|
BIOCIUS Life Sciences, Inc. and Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced the launch of the RF360 High Resolution System for high-throughput screening of in vitro ADME assays. Combining the accurate mass capabilities of Agilent's time-of-flight (TOF) mass spectrometers and the unprecedented sample processing speed of RapidFire(r) technology, the instrument revolutionizes in vitro ADME analysis by eliminating the method development bottleneck in drug discovery.
The latest addition to the RapidFire portfolio, the RF360 High Resolution system, will be on display in the BIOCIUS hospitality suite at the 58th Annual American Society for Mass Spectrometry Conference in Salt Lake City, Utah from May 23rd to May 27th. "High resolution mass spectrometry coupled with the unparalleled sample preparation throughput of the RapidFire platform enables significant streamlining of in vitro ADME assays," said Can 'Jon' Özbal, Chief Operating Officer of BIOCIUS. "Extending our partnership with Agilent Technologies, the leader in TOF mass spectrometry allows us to completely eliminate the bottleneck of developing test-compound specific mass spectrometry methods." This revolutionary approach to in vitro ADME has been demonstrated to reduce analysis time to a fraction of that of conventional methods while requiring a minimal amount of operator input.
RapidFire technology combined with TOF mass spectrometers enables a wide range of ADME assays, including drug-drug interaction, metabolic stability, Caco, PAMPA and others. When performing such assays with the RF360, a priori knowledge of the test compound is not required, as data is acquired in full scan TOF-MS mode. Post acquisition, the relevant data is extracted using RapidFire software, eliminating the time consuming and labor-intensive steps of LC/MS method development and batch analysis.
"Only TOF spectrometry can meet the scan speed and resolution demands required for these high-throughput types of applications," said Gustavo Salem, vice president and general manager of Agilent's Biological Systems Division. "Partnering with BIOCIUS on the RF360 has provided a solution that is the fastest approach to ADME on the market."
Representatives from BIOCIUS and Agilent will be at the ASMS Conference at booth numbers 67 and 68, respectively. The RF360 High Resolution System will be on display in BIOCIUS Hospitality suite, 251A, at the Salt Palace Convention Center. Additionally oral and poster presentations will feature the instrumentation:
Session: Increasing Throughput for ADME and PK Assays
8:50 a.m., Monday, June 24th, Hall 2
Reducing Bottlenecks in ADME Sample Analysis using Solid Phase Extraction with a Quadrupole Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer. Panos Hatsis, Michelle Romm, Vaughn Miller, Jakal Amin, William A. LaMarr, Can "Jon" Ozbal, Shawn Harriman. Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA; BIOCIUS Lifesciences, Woburn, MA
1. Session: TP21, Drug Metabolism: High Throughput
Number: 498, Tuesday June 25th
Evaluation of Accurate Mass TOF-MS for Use in High Throughput PAMPA Screening. Michelle Romm, Nikunj Parikh, Vaughn Miller, William A. LaMarr, Can "Jon" Ozbal. BIOCIUS Life Sciences, Inc., Woburn, MA
2. Session: TP21, Drug Metabolism: High Throughput Time
Number: 500, Tuesday June 25th
Comparison of LC/MS/MS and a Fully Integrated Autosampler/Solid Phase Extraction System for the Analysis of Permeability Samples. Adam C Amaral, Christopher Caldwell, Panos Hatsis, Jakal Amin, Shawn Harriman. Novartis, Cambridge, MA
3. Session: ThP24, High Throughput Analysis/Robotics
Number: 572, Thursday, June 27th.
Development of a High-Throughput MS-Based Bioanalytical Method for Assessment of P-Glycoprotein Inhibition Andrew Wagner, Janet Kolb, John Herbst, Tatyana Zvyaga, Conway Charlie, Harold Weller, Wilson Shou, Can "Jon" Ozbal. Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Wallingford, CT; Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Princeton, NJ; BIOCIUS Life Sciences, Inc, Woburn, MA.
USER GROUP MEETING:
Saturday, May 22, 2010
5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Marriott City Center
Olympus and Capital Ballrooms
220 South State St.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 16,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
About BIOCIUS Inc.
Named from the Greek word "BIO" (life) and the Latin word "OCIUS" (faster), BIOCIUS Life Sciences, provides the biopharmaceutical industry with faster answers: Products and services committed to speed and accuracy in drug discovery. Used by 13 of the top 15 pharmaceutical companies, BIOCIUS's products and contract research services enable our partners to exceed their business goals.
# # #
Jennifer M. Rossi, Ph.D.,
BIOCIUS Life Sciences, Inc.
+1 781 721 3679
Agilent Technologies, Inc.
+1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]