Document › Details
BIOCIUS Life Sciences Inc.. (6/15/10). "Press Release: BIOCIUS Life Sciences and BlueSky Biotech Extend Partnership, Provide Validated Enzymes. Fully-validated SIRT1 Enhances Drug Discovery Investigation". Wakefield, MA & Worcester, MA.
|Organisation||Biocius Life Sciences Inc.|
|Organisation 2||Blue Sky Biotech Inc.|
|Product||RapidFire™ Mass Spectrometry system|
|Person||Rossi, Jennifer M. (BIOCIUS 200912– Director MarCom)|
BIOCIUS Life Sciences Inc., developers of the RapidFire® high-throughput mass spectrometry system, and BlueSky Biotech, service provider of discovery biologicals, today announced their collaboration to offer the industry's only Sirtuin (SIRT, silent mating type information regulation homolog) enzyme preparations fully-validated in a label-free functional assay. This collaboration builds on an existing partnership and will significantly improve drug discovery efficiency of the SIRT class of epigenetic modulating enzymes, which are being heavily investigated as promising therapeutics for several indications.
"Our latest endeavor with BIOCIUS provides researchers with a pre-validated assay solution that saves time and money, and further demonstrates the synergy of our high quality proteins combined with BIOCIUS's value-added screening solutions " said Paul Wengender, CEO, BlueSky Biotech, Inc. According to William LaMarr, Vice President of Research and Contract Services at BIOCIUS, "validation using a label-free, functional assay is especially important for sirtuins given the controversy surrounding fluorescent based assays recently seen in the scientific literature."
The collaboration intends to launch a selectivity panel of sirtuins and histone deacetylases (HDACs). The activity of the first release, SIRT1, has been linked to the regulation of multiple cellular processes including insulin signaling, apoptosis, and cancer, making SIRT1 an important therapeutic target for a variety of conditions. The two companies plan to release additional validated enzymes over the course of the coming months.
About BIOCIUS Life Sciences
Named from the Greek word "BIO" (life) and the Latin word "OCIUS" (faster), BIOCIUS Life Sciences provides the biopharmaceutical industry with faster answers: Products and services committed to speed and accuracy in drug discovery. Used by 13 of the top 15 pharmaceutical companies, BIOCIUS's products and contract research services enable our partners to exceed their business goals. For more information, please visit www.biocius.com
About BlueSky Biotech
Blue Sky Biotech, Inc. is an integrated provider of custom biologicals for biomedical research and drug discovery and is organized into two divisions: BioServices and BioProducts. The BioServices division offers a wide range of custom services spanning Molecular Biology, Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic Protein Expression, Protein Purification, and Assay Development. This suite of pre-clinical services provides our clients with a convenient source of high quality custom research tools. Blue Sky also invests heavily in technology development to improve or enhance its production capabilities, including a proprietary process technology (IKM®) that significantly reduces cycle times and enhances reproducibility of protein production using baculovirus-mediated insect cell expression. The BioProducts division offers high quality biologicals and membrane protein solutions (TDAT and SmartscreenTM Kits) designed to facilitate drug discovery. The company is a privately held corporation with over 40 staff members. It is located in Worcester, MA. For more information, please visit www.blueskybiotech.com.
Jennifer M. Rossi, Ph.D.
Director of Marketing and Corporate Communications
BIOCIUS Life Sciences, Inc.
Scott Gridley, Ph.D.
Director of Blue Sky BioProducts, a Division of Blue Sky Biotech, Inc.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]