Document › Details
Biocrates Life Sciences AG. (3/10/10). "Press Release: Austrian Biomarker Expert Biocrates Life Sciences AG and Canadian Chenomx Inc. Sign Co-marketing Agreement". Innsbruck.
|Organisation||Biocrates Life Sciences AG|
|Organisation 2||Chenomx Inc.|
|Product||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Product 2||NMR spectroscopy|
|Person||Schnegg, Elgar (Biocrates Life Sciences 200806–201306 CEO LEFT 6/13 before Sandoz/Hexal Austria + FMCG)|
|Person 2||Taylor, Neil (Chenomx 201003 CEO)|
The agreement entered between Austrian BIOCRATES Life Sciences AG and the Canadian company CHENOMX Inc is a significant step towards realizing the goal of further personalizing both drug development and medical practice. Under the agreement, both companies will be able to offer complementary metabolomic analyses, service a joint customer base, and collaborate in promoting each other’s services.
Austrian biomarker developer BIOCRATES Life Sciences AG (www.biocrates.com) announced today that it entered a co-marketing agreement with Canadian-based CHENOMX Inc (www.chenomx.com). Both enterprises focus on a new and highly promising technology aimed at generating a metabolic profile of the human organism that can be used to monitor the effects of disease, nutrition, toxins, environment, or drugs on an organism.
“The research focus of both BIOCRATES and CHENOMX is to identify and quantify endogenous metabolites in body fluid or tissue samples and develop them into powerful biomarkers,” says Elgar Schnegg, MBA, Chief Executive Officer of BIOCRATES. The proprietary, patent-protected technology platform of BIOCRATES is based on mass spectrometry; CHENOMX analyzes biological samples utilizing a patented and unique methodology based on Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) spectroscopy. Mass spectrometry offers high sensitivity; NMR offers a broad metabolite coverage. “The two methods produce complementary data sets with very little overlap in results. Both tests can be run on the same samples thus offering a more comprehensive profile,” explains Neil Taylor, Chief Executive Officer of CHENOMX.
Recent technological advances have opened the door for the development of novel diagnostic markers of unprecedented specificity and sensitivity. In focusing on characterizing the body’s metabolite profile, both BIOCRATES and CHENOMX have dedicated their activities to the youngest addition to what may be referred to as the ‘omics’ quartet of systems biology, i.e., genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, and metabolomics. The study of the body’s small-molecule metabolites—or ‘metabolomics’ in short—holds particular promise because it provides a snapshot of the physiologic state of an organism as determined by its genetic setup, regulation, protein abundance, and environmental influences. Rather than attempting to elucidate the effect a particular gene or protein
may—or may not—have on the organism, metabolomics looks at the very endpoints of how diseases or drugs influence the human body.
In joining forces, both companies will from now on be able to offer complementary metabolomic analyses, service a large common customer base, and jointly promote the use of each other’s services. BIOCRATES—the only company in the field to have developed and brought to market a kit product for metabolomics—will also work closely with CHENOMX in evaluating and optimizing the performance of its kit products on its partner’s instrumentation and software. Ultimately, the collaborative research efforts between BIOCRATES and CHENOMX will enable diseases to be detected early, assess disease severity more accurately, monitor therapy more efficiently, tailor treatment to the individual needs of a patient, and encourage the development of targeted medicines.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Biocrates Life Sciences AG
-  Biocrates Life Sciences AG. (9/1/14). "Press Release: Biocrates Life Sciences AG Announces Launch of First-ever Standardized Metabolomics-based Bile Acids Kit". Innsbruck....
-  Biocrates Life Sciences AG. (3/18/14). "Press Release: AbsoluteIDQ p180 by Biocrates Life Sciences AG. Cutting-edge Metabolomics Test Kit Made in Austria Helps Develop the World’s First Metabolite based Blood Test to Predict Alzheimer’s Disease". Innsbru...
-  Biocrates Life Sciences AG. (6/18/13). "Press Release: Wulf Fischer-Knuppertz Appointed New CEO of Biocrates Life Sciences AG". Innsbruck....
-  Biocrates Life Sciences AG. (2/27/13). "Press Release: Biocrates Life Sciences AG to Launch Thermo Edition of Its State-of-the-Art Metabolomics-based Research Kit, AbsoluteIDQ p150". Innsbruck....
-  Biocrates Life Sciences AG. (9/26/12). "Press Release: Biocrates Life Sciences AG Just Launched Full Set of Reagents for MS-based Steroid Analysis". Innsbruck....
-  Biocrates Life Sciences AG. (6/4/12). "Press Release: Biocrates Life Sciences AG Continues to Set New Standards in Steroid Hormone Analysis. AbsoluteIDQ Stero17 Kit Out Now". Innsbruck....
-  Biocrates Life Sciences AG. (5/14/12). "Press Release: Biocrates Life Sciences AG to Launch Waters Xevo TQ MS Editions for Two of Its Well-established Research Kit Products, AbsoluteIDQ p180 and p150"....
-  Biocrates Life Sciences AG. (3/23/12). "Pressemitteilung: Zweiter Platz für acib beim Science2business-Award. Biocrates Life Sciences AG maßgebender Projektpartner". Innsbruck....
-  Biocrates Life Sciences AG. (2/6/12). "Press Release: Biocrates Goes Spain and Turkey. Austrian Diagnostic Expert in Personalized Medicine Coninues to Expand Its European Distribution Network"....
-  Biocrates Life Sciences AG. (6/27/11). "Press Release: Biomarker Research May Revolutionize Early Detection of Colorectal Cancer". Vienna....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]