Document › Details
Biodesix, Inc.. (3/11/15). "Press Release: Biodesix and Inivata to Investigate Clinical Utility of Next Generation Sequencing-Blood Based Tests For Patients With Advanced Lung Cancer". Boulder, CO & Cambridge.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation 2||Inivata Ltd.|
|Product 2||cancer test, molecular diagnostics|
|Index term||Biodesix–Inivata: molecular diagnostics, 201503– collab developm + commercialisation NGS-based lung cancer blood test|
|Person||Stocum, Michael (Inivata 201603 CEO)|
|Person 2||Brunel, David (Biodesix 200810 CEO)|
Biodesix, Inc., a Boulder CO-based molecular diagnostics company, and Inivata, a Cambridge, England-based clinical cancer genomics company announced a partnership today to develop and commercialize Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)-blood based tests for clinical applications in lung cancer. This agreement will leverage Inivata’s proprietary, enhanced TAm-Seq™ technology platform and Biodesix’ development and commercialization capabilities in the US market to provide new, clinically actionable tests to physicians.
“Approximately 30% of NSCLC patients are unable to obtain a biopsy or have insufficient tissue from a lung cancer biopsy to provide the diagnostic information needed for their care. Blood-based diagnostics can make a real difference in such cases. Using Inivata’s circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) analysis platform, we can now provide information that was previously unattainable for these patients, leading to better outcomes.” said Inivata CEO Michael Stocum.
Under the terms of the agreement, Inivata and Biodesix will conduct studies in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) using Inivata’s NGS technology platform. Biodesix and Inivata will jointly fund studies to establish clinical utility for an NGS-based test and will initiate an observational study later this year.
Biodesix CEO David Brunel said, “Along with VeriStrat®, a serum protein test that is already commercially available to help physicians guide treatment decisions for patients with advanced NSCLC, the blood-based NGS tests we’re developing with Inivata will further drive towards precision medicine by guiding diagnosis, prognosis and monitoring for patients with NSCLC.”
Inivata CSO Nitzan Rosenfeld said, “The combination of our world-class blood-based sequencing technology with Biodesix’ ability to develop and establish diagnostics as standard of care creates a strong platform to develop new highly clinically relevant tests. We are excited to be working with Biodesix to improve the care offered to cancer patients.”
Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death worldwide. To more effectively understand how NGS-blood based tests can improve care for patients with lung cancer, Biodesix and Inivata will be working with key opinion leaders and pharmaceutical companies.
Biodesix is a molecular diagnostics company advancing the development of innovative products for precision medicine. The company provides physicians with diagnostic tests for earlier disease detection, more accurate diagnosis, disease monitoring and better therapeutic guidance, which may lead to improved patient outcomes. Biodesix discovers, develops and commercializes multivariate protein diagnostics based on its proprietary mass spectrometry-based discovery platform. In addition to developing novel diagnostics independently, the company partners with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to develop companion diagnostics to improve utility of therapeutic agents. For more information about Biodesix, please visit www.Biodesix.com.
Inivata is a clinical cancer genomics company focused on harnessing the potential of circulating tumour DNA (ctDNA) analysis to improve cancer testing and treatment. Inivata develops clinical applications of ctDNA through collaborations with clinical oncologists at prominent academic institutions, leading community treatment centres and innovative biopharmaceutical companies. Novel applications of ctDNA are enabled by Inivata’s technology platform which includes its proprietary, enhanced TAm-Seq™ technology. For more information on Inivata, please visit www.inivata.com.
Biodesix Media Contacts:
Patrick French or Kena Hudson, 1-562-508-5224
Inivata Media Contacts:
Liz Macfadyen, +44 7739462323
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Biodesix Inc.
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ VeriStrat Test Now Covered By Humana, Medical Mutual of Ohio, PreferredOne". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: Independent Data Demonstrates Clinical Utility of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: Independent Study Data Supporting Clinical Use of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests To Be Presented At CHEST Conference"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/5/16). "Press Release: VeriStrat Test Identifies Patients with Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Lung Who Are More Likely to Have Improved Survival on Afatinib Therapy". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/27/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ VeriStrat Test Identifies T790M-Mutated Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients Who Are More Likely to Have Improved Progression-Free Survival on Third Generation EGFR-TKI Therapy"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/23/16). "Press Release: Multi-Institutional Data Supporting Clinical Use of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests Presented Today at IASLC Conference"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ Nicholas Dupuis, Ph. D, Speaking at MSACL 3rd Annual Conference". Salzburg....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Wellmark BCBS of Iowa and South Dakota Provides Coverage for VeriStrat Test"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Heinrich Roder to Speak at 6th International Conference on Bioinformatics & Systems Biology"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (7/27/16). "Press Release: Biodesix Raises Follow-on Series F Financing"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]