Document › Details
Biodesix, Inc.. (4/4/16). "Press Release: 200 Million Americans Now Have Insurance Coverage for Biodesix’ VeriStrat Test".
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Product 2||health insurance|
VeriStrat®, Biodesix’ proteomic blood test for patients with advanced NSCLC, has received multiple positive coverage decisions in 2016. As a result, 200 million Americans now have insurance coverage for VeriStrat. The most recent positive coverage decisions include BlueCross BlueShield (BCBS) of Florida and Health Care Services Corporation (HCSC).
VeriStrat provides physicians with prognostic and predictive information to guide treatment of advanced NSCLC. VeriStrat results inform likely patient benefit from certain treatments, and can facilitate patient-physician conversations about prognosis, life expectancy, and treatment recommendations. The test is clinically proven for use in patients with advanced NSCLC and has been recommended as such in the standard of care guidelines since late 2014.
Based on published clinical data, both BCBS of Florida and HCSC independently determined and published policy stating that VeriStrat can be considered medically necessary for patients with advanced NSCLC.
BCBS of Florida serves four million members in the state of Florida, and is one of the state’s largest commercial health plans. BCBS’s coverage position is available online and is effective March 15, 2016. The company’s policy can be accessed at: http://mcgs.bcbsfl.com/ (Policy 05-86000-22 “Tumor/Genetic Markers”.)
Health Care Services Corporation (HCSC) is the largest customer-owned health insurance company in the US, with over 15 million members. Its operating divisions include Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. HCSC’s policy will be effective as of June 1, 2016 and can be accessed at: http://www.medicalpolicy.hcsc.net/medicalpolicy/pendingPolicyPage?lid=ikyaeubs&corpEntCd=TX1
VeriStrat and Biodesix are registered trademarks of Biodesix, Inc. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
Biodesix® is a molecular diagnostics company advancing the development of innovative blood tests in oncology to enable precision medicine. Biodesix discovers, develops and commercializes multivariate protein and genomic diagnostic blood tests, including GeneStrat™ and VeriStrat®, that deliver results within 72 hours. The company is changing the standard of care by providing physicians with diagnostic tests for better therapeutic guidance, more accurate prognosis and enhanced disease monitoring to improve patient outcomes. At the forefront of precision medicine, Biodesix is developing new blood tests to identify patients who may benefit from immunotherapies. In addition to developing novel diagnostics independently, the company partners with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to develop companion diagnostics for use with therapeutic agents.
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Biodesix Inc.
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ VeriStrat Test Now Covered By Humana, Medical Mutual of Ohio, PreferredOne". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: Independent Data Demonstrates Clinical Utility of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: Independent Study Data Supporting Clinical Use of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests To Be Presented At CHEST Conference"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/5/16). "Press Release: VeriStrat Test Identifies Patients with Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Lung Who Are More Likely to Have Improved Survival on Afatinib Therapy". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/27/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ VeriStrat Test Identifies T790M-Mutated Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients Who Are More Likely to Have Improved Progression-Free Survival on Third Generation EGFR-TKI Therapy"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/23/16). "Press Release: Multi-Institutional Data Supporting Clinical Use of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests Presented Today at IASLC Conference"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ Nicholas Dupuis, Ph. D, Speaking at MSACL 3rd Annual Conference". Salzburg....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Wellmark BCBS of Iowa and South Dakota Provides Coverage for VeriStrat Test"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Heinrich Roder to Speak at 6th International Conference on Bioinformatics & Systems Biology"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (7/27/16). "Press Release: Biodesix Raises Follow-on Series F Financing"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]