Document › Details
Biodesix, Inc.. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ Nicholas Dupuis, Ph. D, Speaking at MSACL 3rd Annual Conference". Salzburg.
|Organisation 2||MSACL Inc. (Association for Mass Spectrometry Applications to the Clinical Lab)|
|Product||clinical mass spectrometry-based proteomic test|
|Product 2||MSACL 2016 EU Salzburg|
Biodesix’ Nicholas Dupuis, Ph. D, Speaking at MSACL 3rd Annual Conference: “Active Control of MALDI TOF Mass Spectra Acquisition With Internal Standards for Improved Quantitative Serum Protein Profiles”
Nicholas Dupuis, Ph.D, of Biodesix®, Inc. is speaking today at the MSACL 3rd Annual Conference, where he is the chairperson of the Protein Quantitation track. Dupuis is a Senior Scientist at Biodesix, where he leads technology transfer and assay development for proteomic products using Biodesix’ proprietary mass spectrometry based assays.
Where: Papageno Hall, Salzburg Congress Center
When: 11:15 AM
Matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization (MALDI) time-of-flight (TOF) mass spectrometry (MS) is a rapid, reproducible, and sensitive tool for measuring protein profiles in biological fluids. Profiling has many potential clinical applications, including diagnosis, predicting disease aggressiveness, and assessing differential therapeutic benefit for cancer patients. In this study we: 1) incorporate multiple internal standards to allow quantitative comparisons between samples and 2) use a proportional-integral-derivative (PID) control algorithm to optimize spectral quality during acquisition. This approach expands the potential applications of MALDI profiling, markedly enhances spectral quality, and reduces reliance on operator intervention during acquisition.
Dr. Dupuis’ long abstract is also available
Biodesix® is a molecular diagnostics company advancing the development of innovative blood tests in oncology to enable precision medicine. Biodesix discovers, develops and commercializes multivariate protein and genomic diagnostic blood tests, including the GeneStrat™ and VeriStrat® tests, that deliver results within 72 hours. The company is changing the standard of care by providing physicians with diagnostic tests for better therapeutic guidance, more accurate prognosis and enhanced disease monitoring to improve patient outcomes. At the forefront of precision medicine, Biodesix is developing new blood tests to identify patients who may benefit from immunotherapies. In addition to developing novel diagnostics independently, the company partners with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to develop companion diagnostics for use with therapeutic agents.
Record changed: 2016-10-11
More documents for Biodesix Inc.
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (3/20/17). "Press Release: Study Results from Biodesix’s Immunotherapy Test Will Be Presented by Dr. Jeffrey Weber. Proteomic Test Identifies Sensitivity and Resistance to Immunotherapy in Cancer Patients"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (3/9/17). "Press Release: Biodesix and Progenetics Announce Distribution Agreement for Israel". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ VeriStrat Test Now Covered By Humana, Medical Mutual of Ohio, PreferredOne". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: Independent Data Demonstrates Clinical Utility of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: Independent Study Data Supporting Clinical Use of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests To Be Presented At CHEST Conference"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/5/16). "Press Release: VeriStrat Test Identifies Patients with Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Lung Who Are More Likely to Have Improved Survival on Afatinib Therapy". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/27/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ VeriStrat Test Identifies T790M-Mutated Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients Who Are More Likely to Have Improved Progression-Free Survival on Third Generation EGFR-TKI Therapy"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/23/16). "Press Release: Multi-Institutional Data Supporting Clinical Use of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests Presented Today at IASLC Conference"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Wellmark BCBS of Iowa and South Dakota Provides Coverage for VeriStrat Test"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Heinrich Roder to Speak at 6th International Conference on Bioinformatics & Systems Biology"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]